Home protection gun for wife...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Op, my wife is exactly the same way about guns. My advice, forget about it, as it's not worth the trouble.

I am thinking of a SW 642. Its light, it will go bang when you pull the trigger, and anyone can use it without training...not suggesting that's a good idea but everyone can pull a trigger.
Yep..not the best plan, the lack of training that is...but you can bet she'll be able to fire the piece if it's necessary. That may be the one great plus for a 5-shot J-frame, it's instinctive, no-nonsense response to a threat. All that said, ya gotta insist on training and some regular practice with it...anything less is just not acceptable...initially, I had the same wife responses from my own missus. Rod

My wife is 64 years old,please don't tell her.She like my G42 380.If I leave the house that's the gun say tell me to leave her when i'm out of town.I keep it loaded with Hornady Critical Defense 380 ammo.When we go walking she carry it,to have my back she say.lol

How does she feel about Crossbows??

You can leave a modern crossbow cocked for MONTHS...
takes VERY little training, and comes in Pink or Purple Camo...
Many gals who don't like guns will take a bow.

I had one gal who literally burst into tears the first time she fired a 9mm...
even after watching me fire all sorts, it just scared the heck out of her
to actually wield that kind of power.
Which, is a really sweet...innocent...never been a real crime victim mentality.

But, give that gal a bow, and she turned into the squirrel huntress...go figure.
Pointed out to her after a few weeks that it could also be used on a bad guy...
just to give her something to think about...options are always good.

Ended up trading her in on a much tougher broad ;)
But you try to help folks along the best you can...
attachment.php

Attachments

• perfect woman.jpg
    perfect woman.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 115
Why would anyone use a Glock 26 for a home defense gun?

What is your objection to a G26? My primary home defense gun is an SR9c, which is also my EDC. I have other handguns and long guns available if needed, but the first thing I reach for will be the pistol I amost comfortable with.

I'm the same with my G26. It is my bedside pistol because I also carry it all day, am extremely comfortable with it, and shoot it nearly as well as any pistol I own. I have an extra (and larger) magazine right beside it, but aside from the somewhat smaller capacity of the first magazine, I don't see what I am giving up.

Someone who isn't comfortable with guns shouldn't be trusted to deploy wasp spray tactically. IMHO no one should. I agree with those who recommend a S&W Model 10. If she can't learn to enjoy shooting one then she just plain doesn't like shooting, and you still get a great revolver. Plenty of good alarm systems out there if she's dead set against guns.

You can't make her defend herself. I think a dog is the next best thing, provided you have a life style a dog will fit into. [some don't]

My wife isn't a gun person either, but she was/is willing to go shoot with me once in a while to practice. She is comfortable with a G42 and a J frame with wad cutters.

Bug spray is not that effective and may be illegal. Google discussions of that. Also, shotguns for the uninitiated is an internet cliche. Let's not go there.

Look, let's cut to the chase - gun tech suggestions for someone who doesn't want to use a gun or learn how to shoot are not that useful.

Let the marriage counselors solve this one.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back