Home defense pump action shotguns OTHER THAN the Remington 870 or Mossberg 500

I often hear gun owners talking about "just racking the slide" or "not having to aim a shotgun" being terrible mentalities and I agree 100% but I never hear people trying to make those arguments anymore.

I heard both those from someone behind a sales counter at a shop/range about two months ago.
"Box of truth" and some similar endeavors put a rest to many of these claims among those who research on the internet, but I assure you it is alive and well among those who don't.

I have a few experiments I'd like to do at a range concerning trajectory after hitting a target, but I need a range with a healthy backstop that will allow me to set-up a lot of paper.
Have you seen the gel tests of shot? Notice how fast the expansion increases in the gel? Always looks like double or triple+ the rate of through the air. Now I know gel isn't a perfect model of flesh, but I wonder, what kind of pattern does one get from the pass through shot?

I don't "aim" my shotguns, I point them
Taking clip v. mag to a whole new level...

^i suppose I should clarify, I already own two other shotguns with 28 inch barrels for sporting purposes.

I really would just like to add a shorter one to the collection and do not own a pump currently.
Have you trained/shot a pump gun much? I ask because while shucking a pump is pretty easy it's not fool proof and if you're hunting/shooting with a auto or O/U a lot you might want to spend a bit more and get a auto for HD.

Absolutely as long as you do train with it. I know a few folks who keep a pump for SD who don't shoot it or any pump regularly.
I use my 1897 Chinchester copy that I shoot cowboy action with as my SD shotgun because of familiarity.

Only to the correct one......................
Oui oui!

When I shot clays a few times a week there were always a couple semi-serious shooters with pumps(no top level really serious ones though). Low pressure, repetitive action, standing still, with lots of practice. I still saw some short shucks on doubles and such. Of course, also some semi-autos with issues including my own. The semis usually seemed to have problems at the very beginning or after they got pretty dirty(hundreds of cheap sporting loads that were dirty).

The best option:)

Back