Holster

Thanks, Hawg.... I was waitin' for you to weigh in. I'll give 'til tomorrow morning and if nobody talks me out of it, I'll go ahead and submit the order.

Grym:
That is a fine holster for the money & the intended purpose that you want it for, maybe keep well oiled will help it from rooling the top like HH said..

I would think oil would make it get softer quicker. I think Oklahoma Leather is chrome tanned and not much you can do with it.

I received the Oklahoma Leather California Slim Jim from Cabela's yesterday. Those who claimed the leather is soft are correct and it will likely pose a hindrance to holstering. It was listed as fitting 4 ¾” and 5 ½” barrels and my 5 ½” just peeks out the bottom. The quality appears to be reasonable and overall, while maybe not so good for CAS, the holster seems like it will suit my needs (walking around camp for a couple weeks a year). Now I’ll try and fit it to the gun.

Maybe I'm gonna need a cartridge belt now?

Thanks all my BP pards.:)

Glad you've gotten one.

I'm still waiting for mine, I've heard that he's hurt is foot so he's been laid out for a bit, no probs.... :D

58 remmie holsters

Hi Grym

Call Cabelas and tell them what you want and they will fix you up. I have a 58 Pietta 'Buffalo' gun and they had a slim Jim for it and cheap too. Fast service, less than a week.I live in Norcal also.What area do you camp in?

Samco

Back