Hit me with Your Best Shot!

Well... just back from the stupormarket...
what a trip!

Water? no
Ice? no
Canned soup/beans/veggies/stew? barely
Beer? minimal!
Bread? stripped bare.
Batteries? not on your life.
But hey! We got jiffy pop!

Kept the kid home from school today... husband should be sent home from post shortly. It's very calm outside now... but it wont be long before I see those tall pines bending to the ground. We'll be parking the old car in a strategic position just in case we get lucky enough for one to fall on it.

Hurricane party at my house! I found the last case of Icehouse!

Geri

------------------
BlackHawk Authorized Dealer (BAD) - "Better than catalog" prices & free shipping http://www.geardup.com/gearedup.htm

Well, it passed right by Jacksonville, so we're out of the woods unless it makes a 90 degree turn right now, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was nervous and wondering if I'd made the right decision to stay.

What really made me reconsider was a news broadcast where they put a guy in a wind tunnel and showed what would happen at the various wind speeds. I wish they had shown that earlier, I would have gotten the hell out of dodge. Maybe next time they'll put a car in there and show how little it takes to flip one.

Oh well, lessons learned, and I'm glad it missed us and didn't take out the server.

Thanks for all the well wishes, folks, and keep praying for Georgia / S.C.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com
www.bladeforums.com

Does this mean that congress is going to start anti-hurricane legislation.... god I hope so!!!

------------------
10MM Magnum.... tried the rest, now I got the best

Well, we here in Broward Co. (FL, where you find Ft. Lauderdale) got little more than thunderstorm-force breezes and less water than what is found in your typical Navy shower.

Very thankful for it, though. It could have been really nasty. The only damage/injuries we got were mostly from overly hasty drivers evacuating the area. Oh, and a guy out in Pembroke Pines got shot for trying to keep a bunch of yahoos from stealing his storm shutters as he was installing them.

Now, my brother and his girlfriend are fleeing Floyd (they both live in Wilmington).

jth

------------------
Exodus 22:2 -- Biblical precedent for home defense.

Well it looks like you Floridians dodged the bullet. Hope you Carolinians are ok.

Floyd is headed my way, we expect it to hit between 6 and midnight here in NY. Already the rains have caused flooding and some damage. NYC is deserted as everyone went home early. You guys in New England are next.

Good Luck everyone!

Geoff Ross

------------------
Damn!...I need more practice!

Back