Hit me with Your Best Shot!

To all TFL friends on the east coast and especially our neighbors here in South Florida, I wish you and yours a week safe from Floyd.

As for me, I'm gonna find out if the home I built here 3 years ago is sea worthy. I've arranged a camera or two overlooking the ocean and house...remoted to a VCR in the safest part of the place. Hopefully, all we'll see is blue sky and blue water.

Back to hanging the shutters.
Rich

good luck
it looks like a biggie

maybe you should set up catch basins and save the water

add in grapefruit juice and...

have a pink floyd!

dZ

Groan

------------------
---
I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! - RKBA!

dz,

For that, you are hereby sentenced to listen to "Arnold Layne" and "See Emily Play" 50 consecutive times each.

Or take a newbie to the range. Your choice. :)

BTW, Rich: Your guns are stored in a saltwater-resistant safe, right?
------------------
"Taking a long view of history, we may say that
anyone who lays down his arms deserves whatever he gets."
--Jeff Cooper

[This message has been edited by Coinneach (edited September 13, 1999).]

Good luck and best wishes. It looks like a rough one. You might have to put your y2k plan into action a little early after he hits :)

Shoot straight and don't miss.

Good luck Rich!
Make sure you give us an update when he blows over... I'm in the path to be visited around Thursday... hopefully y'all down there will take away some of the punch!

Oooh boy, am I glad we took down those 39 tall pines!

Geri Weaver

------------------
BlackHawk Authorized Dealer (BAD) - "Better than catalog" prices & free shipping http://www.geardup.com/gearedup.htm

Rich:

I was in Tampa the last week of August and drove my daughter to RI for her first year of college.

Due to the presence of Dennis off the coast at that time, we blew off going up I-95 and took I-75/85/77/81 north instead.

Good luck...in the immortal words of the old palm tree, "...hang on to your nuts boys, this ain't gonna be no ordinary b*%w job!"

Take care,
Mike

Rich,

We here in the northwestern part of Alabama would be happy to take some of the storm off your hands.

Haven't seen real rain here in over the past two months. Wonder what that's gonna do for hunting this fall and winter?

Rich, do be careful - same to our other friends down there.

I heard on the radio at lunch that this storm is shaping up to be bigger than Andrew. That is spooky.

Good luck, and take care.

Regards from AZ

Rich & Spark,

I presume of course, that the two of you have conspired to combine your collective technological genius and provide us with live web-cam updates as the storm rolls in. Ergo, what is the URL for same?

------------------
Mykl
~~~~~
"If you really want to know what's going on;
then, you have to follow the money trail."
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Rich, Good luck with it but remember. For it
to be sea worthy, first and foremost, it has to float! The storm surge does quite a bit more damage than the wind from the hurricane.
Be careful my friend and good luck.
Hank Lampe

Yeah, we got a web-cam for this one? Seems like there's a web-cam of everything else. (Hmmm.... "Range-Cam: Who's Shooting What Guns, Today?" :) [I'd subscribe.])

Keep'em dry, keep 'em high, keep it safe.

We got an inch in N. TX this weekend, and life is good.

L.P.

From an old sea dog - some rules for when your afloat: Hoist a red light on your port beam, a green one on starboard... you will have to make up your mind which part of the house is the bow, which the stern. You must cross other vessels/houses port on port. When the lights of one vessel/house doent change position relative to yours you are on collision course - but as your house will probably not be under power (unless you also built in engines) you have right of way over a power-house. Fly the Flag (or Ensign) proudly, be prepared to repell boarders and if you wind up on the shores of Africa , you would be expected to hoist their flag as a courtesy on your house's starboard shroud (but you'd have to figure out which one is the currently fashionable one) or, if you miss Africa altogether next stop is Australia - of course you could be on a northeasterly course, catch the Gulf Stream and visit Bitain, Ireland or Bonnie Scotland - in any case, in view of the current legislation there, get another hurricane back
:)

Seriously - keep well

If its any consolation, though we don't have hurricanes these parts, we do have gun registration :(

Yo ho ho and a bottle of Shiner Bock? na - Guiness!

Peter Knight

PS - If you fly over this way --- and that would be a big one you are of course most welcome. We could arrange some hawg hunting, season isn't quite closed yet.

[This message has been edited by Elchimango (edited September 13, 1999).]

El, want to sail into this one with me?
http://www.gotosite.com/Weather/satellite.htm This looks like a bad boy to me.
I only really knew em when they were all girls. If it stays South it could be blowing 200 KTS when it comes to shore. It would be a great broad reach in any boat I can think of!
Hank, taking off glasses, throwing cigs overboard, putting on life jacket and lifeline harness, making sure lifeline will release when boat sinks, getting accurate fix on position, etc. "Hey, isn't that blue sky over there?" Forget it the good yacht racers will sail towards the anvil clouds!!!
Ready About!, Hard Aleeeeeeeeeee
Hank

Rich & Spark,
If you guys want to ride it out, good luck and more power to ya.

Just to be on the safe side, maybe you should ship all your guns to me. You know, just in case. ;)

Ya, mon, stow everythin' loose, tie down ever'thin' else, double up yer docklines and set extra fenders. Pray for the best, prepare for the worst, and keep your heads down.

Serously, take care and be prudent, y'all will be in our thoughts and prayers. M2

Personally, I would batten down the house and go to visit Rob or someone else who lives inland, Rich. Category Five ain't nothing to play with.

Back