High End Handguns

bac1023 - I am currently up for adoption. I can mow yards, weed eat, shovel walks and I don't eat much. I remember birthdays, anniversary's and am home by 10. I can wax cars up real nice as well.

Before others want in on this, bac1023, you are at the front of the line. I will also pay for any legal documents and provide a ride to the notary.

And a steak dinner. ;)

Seriously, that is one heck of a nice collection. I know what about 60% of them are, and will be googling the others. The older ones especially, not just what they are but their condition, but beautiful! If you don't mind my asking, how long has it taken you to put together a collection like that and how did you find such nice examples? Many of those you just don't stumble upon anymore.

Seriously, that is one heck of a nice collection. I know what about 60% of them are, and will be googling the others. The older ones especially, not just what they are but their condition, but beautiful! If you don't mind my asking, how long has it taken you to put together a collection like that and how did you find such nice examples? Many of those you just don't stumble upon anymore.

Thank you sir

I've been collecting a long time, as in a couple decades. I have a lot of more "ordinary" stuff too. I found some things on Gunbroker, but I also have a couple importers I network with.

If there's any gun pictured you aren't sure about, please don't hesitate to ask.

I think it's kind of funny, but guns often seem to be sought after as kind of "art objects". I have a pretty extensive collection, but anymore as I age, I am more interested in shooting them than just putting them away in my safes. I love a beautiful firearm, but beauty isn't everything. I was out on my range shooting yesterday and took along a few I have never shot before. I shot a few very nice groups at 7 yds, using a Wilson 92 Beretta that I had never fired....but I actually shot a better group with a S&W EZ .380 !....all shots overlapping in a tiny group.
The asthetics are one thing, but actual performance sometimes is something else.

"Thank you sir. I've been collecting a long time, as in a couple decades. I have a lot of more "ordinary" stuff too. I found some things on Gunbroker, but I also have a couple importers I network with. If there's any gun pictured you aren't sure about, please don't hesitate to ask."

BAC, as always, I love seeing pictures of your collection. Since your tastes in handguns are similar to my own, this is a real treat. I can look through your collection and see what I might really want to upgrade to next.

'Over priced and hand built' doesn't necessarily mean high end. Doesn't mean the shooter isn't more important either.
"...41 year old Timex's out there..." Yep. They can run over $250USD too. There are people who collect Timex watches. Always amazes me what people will collect.
Oh and you probably would want to use your Porsche as a test vehicle for what happens when you drive over a car with your tank. The Civic will do nicely though.

I also love looking at bac1023's handguns. I started to panic a bit in this one because more and more pics came and I didn't see my favorites. Finally, the Smith & Wesson Performance Center guns appeared, and I could again exhale.

Many of the extremely rare and interesting other guns he shows... I only know or have heard about by reading his reviews and reports.

I will continue to chase the S&W PC guns. By any traditional run-down, I think most would agree that they qualify as "high end." They are not impossible to find like some of the others he's shown, but they typically cost 2-3-4-5x what many might spend on a used gun.

They are my favorite and my passion in firearms. They are not like most guns found in production today.

Post #54 far right 2. Being a big CZ fan that pic caught my eye, but never heard of a "Bull Shadow" What is that and the one on the far right with the rose colored grips?

Two pics under that shows 3 handguns, right 2 say Italy on them. Interesting looking handguns. Details?

What don't you have you that catches your eye?

I think it's kind of funny, but guns often seem to be sought after as kind of "art objects". I have a pretty extensive collection, but anymore as I age, I am more interested in shooting them than just putting them away in my safes. I love a beautiful firearm, but beauty isn't everything. I was out on my range shooting yesterday and took along a few I have never shot before. I shot a few very nice groups at 7 yds, using a Wilson 92 Beretta that I had never fired....but I actually shot a better group with a S&W EZ .380 !....all shots overlapping in a tiny group.
The asthetics are one thing, but actual performance sometimes is something else.

Interesting theory and cool story.

I think its kind of funny that people somehow think high end guns aren't for shooting. While I can't speak for everyone, I've shot all but maybe a half dozen guns in the pictures I posted. The ones I haven't shot are due to having duplicates.

If anything, most high end guns are built to take more punishment than less expensive models filled with MIM parts,

Post #54 far right 2. Being a big CZ fan that pic caught my eye, but never heard of a "Bull Shadow" What is that and the one on the far right with the rose colored grips?

Two pics under that shows 3 handguns, right 2 say Italy on them. Interesting looking handguns. Details?

What don't you have you that catches your eye?

The Bull Shadow is out of CZ Custom. Its difference over other models is the bull barrel.

The one next to it with the red aluminum grips is an FK BRNO...

The Italian pistols are Benelli MP3S's. They are the target shooting variant of the B76, whihc is pictured below on the left. I probably should have included it in the original picture.

I'd like a few guns. I differently want a Bren Ten Special Forces to keep my standard model company. I forgot to include it in the pics. Not high end, so to speak, but they sell for big dollars.

A Springfield Armory Professional (FBI HRT gun) is a heirloom.

If you were to own one, you'd never part with it.

A beautiful gun (handgun, rifle, or shotgun) is a work of art. But it'd be useless if it were unable to function as intended. A beautifully engraved .30-'06, precisely crafted with the world's best steel and most rare & exotic wood, would be useless if it weren't reliable and couldn't print a decent group.

No, it wouldn't be useless. It would continue to fulfill it's orignal purpose.

The original purpose of all of these is the same and most people forget it and many people deny it. The original purpose for all of these was a product to be sold. Outside of military issue, they were built for one reason, to be sold at profit.

Regardless of how well any of them might perform, they have that original purpose and an associated value. There are more examples than anyone could possibly count.

Back