Henry Rifle or Marlin?

If Henry makes a side gate .357, I WILL be buying one. I REALLY like his business model and think he is a great man. I just don't have any use for a front tube loaded levergun.

Now if Marlin would EVER re-release their 1894 in .357 again, as they've been rumored to be doing for years now, that would be a tougher choice but so long as Henry keeps it's great quality I'll go with them. Marlin frankly pisses me off with all that's happened with them recently and even current ones seem to have problems.

Now if Marlin would EVER re-release their 1894 in .357 again, as they've been rumored to be doing for years now, that would be a tougher choice
You'll see the .357 Model 1894 shortly before the Model 444 returns.

...Which, as of the latest BS excuses from Marlington, appears to be business as usual and ... never.

Yeah I don't doubt it.

That's fine, hopefully that big change for Henry will in fact be a loading gate. Maybe Mr. Imperato has finally got a few too many complaint emails about his tube loading system?

We can only hope. Again, if .357 is on the menu for a gate, I'll GLADLY help them drink Remlins milkshake! :D

Marlin is still working on the .357.
If they can pull off what they're planning for the caliber, and the quality's there, you'll see some seriously happy campers. :)
Denis

Would I be correct to assume that a brass reciever wouldn't have the strength to support a side gate? I guess I've always assumed that's why they went that route.

No it wouldn't be a weakness.

Hmmmmmm... Picked up my .357 big boy last year. Thatd be my luck. If they do make a side load I may have to add another to my collection.

My grandson has a Henry in .44 M and it has one of the smoothest actions I have handled in a lever action.
I had a Browning BL44 and that was a nice rifle with a very smooth action. I have shot shot Marlins, older ones, and they are pretty slick, but the Henry is great.

I have more levers than any action type (well, maybe not the Stevens Favorites & Crackshots that always folow me home!), and each has its quirks. They are like your children (and to me, also like your grandchildren), with always something to really like, and sometimes to make you fo "Hmmmmmmm".

I have Henrys (5), Marlins (2), Winchesters (3), Rossi (1) Browning (1), that I can recall at the moment. My wish? To see a lever with buttery smooth action, satin walnut stock, no checkering, steel butt plate, really deep, shiny bluing on everything, but the color case hardened receiver, wide buckhorn sights. Loading? Either method is fine for me, but if tube, please make sure the tube folower as crisp lock-up (early eighties, seem to remember the rimfire Marlin or Winchester was way too loose, and prone to falling off - I corrected with squeezing the notch tighter).

Back