Henry Rifle or Marlin?

I think it's the unstable Idaho air, that causes bullets to go nuts. I once crashed an airplane there. Must have been the air too. :)

P.S. Seems I was born there.... TWF

@ Frankenmauser

That's terrible. But honestly I just today finished up a load workup and sight in with my guide gun 1895 GBL and Skinner sight.

With 400 gr Speer SP's, H335 and CCI-250's at 1850 fps I'm getting 1.75-2.5" groups w/open sights, a hydraulic front rest, and rear rabbit ear bag.(A bit abusive on my shoulder though)

At 50 yards it was a single 1" hole.

If it is a 30-30 you want than go with a Henry my experience their action is smoother, if it is a different caliber you want like a .357, or 44 mag , or 45-70 check chiappa if money is not an issue go with Pedersoli for about $50 more but the action on Pedersoli is butter compared to chiappa.

I have had several interactions with Henry and all have been very satisfactory. I like the side loaders, but it would be very difficult for me to choose a Rem-lin over a Henry given my previous interactions with them.

Then there is the whole Long-ranger lever actuated bolt rifle thing. I'd really like them to chamber that in a few more calibers.

Without careful examination and shooting, I'd favor the Henry over the Marlin due to the hard chrome and cartridge dump without using the action. I understand that they also have a good guarantee.

I can give you a few.
Henry is planning on expanding the case coloring to more models.
Henry is planning on offering some new chamberings, and moving some current limited chamberings into other models.

No interest in a .30/30.........but I have wanted a .35 Remington for a long time.

If I did gravitate towards the .30/30, I could use the brass and transform it into 7-30 Waters for use in my T/C Contender.

My LGS has the Rem-lin's and Henry in .44 Magnum which I like because one of my hunting handguns is a Ruger Super Blackhawk.

I can give you a few.
Henry is planning on expanding the case coloring to more models.
Henry is planning on offering some new chamberings, and moving some current limited chamberings into other models.
Thanks!

I’m take it or leave on the case coloring, but new chamberings gets my attention. I know it’s not super practical or as likely to be as popular as other choices but I’d love for Henry to put out a 10mm model. I’d have a lot of fun with that. But I’m straying from the topic at hand now.

Some anticipated new stuff coming from Henry that should make some people quite happy.
Denis
I don't have any solid info, but I have asked for a few things and received hints they are in the pipeline and I think quite a few would be very happy. I believe the .223 delays set-back their R&D on a few other items.

Henry to put out a 10mm model.
Send Anthony Imperato an e-mail.

I checked in on emailing Anthony the other day and his contact is unavailable at the moment. I keep checking in from time to time.

A much-mentioned gripe about the Henry centerfires will be addressed.
And some long-range options.
Denis

My nephew recently purchased a Mossberg 464 in 30-30 featuring a 16 inch barrel. Fit & finish are exceptionally well executed and accuracy is stellar, too. Scope is Simmons Pro Hunter with 2-7X settings.

Jack

While i don't own a lever gun, yet. To me if you have the funds it's a no brainer... Henry every time.

Something in a 45 Colt for me.

Lots of used Marlins out there.. I can't recall the last used Henry i'd seen.

A much-mentioned gripe about the Henry centerfires will be addressed.
And some long-range options.
Denis

Side gate????? Could it be???

Would I be correct to assume that a brass reciever wouldn't have the strength to support a side gate? I guess I've always assumed that's why they went that route.

I can say no more than stay tuned in the next few months.
Imperato is aggressively expanding his company's line-up. :)
Denis

Back