Henry honesty??

Yep, both Henry and Springfield Armory are trading on names they really have no right to, and Remington never made the M1911A1 pistol, only the M1911. But none is as bad as Mitchell's Mausers, which just plain lies.

Jim

Not AFAIK - methinks you're misremembering the Ithaca 49, cum Stevens 89, cum Agawam Arms 68 (all samey-same Martini-type single shot .22's) as being an Erma, like the Ithaca Model 72 lever action repeater was..

Petahw you da man. You are correct. Its been a long time since i even thought about that rifle. I have never seen one in person. Thats a good looking rifle.

Honesty in advertising? There has always been a lot of at least very exagerated claims in almost all advertising. I have an old trunk that was passed down to me containing all sorts of papers including magazines and such that date back to the 1800's. Many of the claims in the advertising were totally outrageous. Even today's commercials and advertising for just about any product strains a thinking person's believability.

If you only bought products which were advertised totally and strictly honestly, you wouldn't be able to buy much. When was the last time you saw or heard an advertisement that said, "Our product is only as good as everybody else's."

Me thinks it is time to call Henry.

Question - which will come first: honesty in advertising or honesty in the current government?

There have been numerous times when I was talking lever guns with friends, mostly about my Rossi 92 and my real 118 year old Winchester 92. They would bring up the modern Henry and mention that it has been around since the Civil War and that it was so cool that they were still in business. I would explain to them that both the old Henry company and the Volcantic Arms company were swallowed by Winchester, and that the current Henry company had nothing to do with the old Henry company. Reactions to this news was almost always "That ain't right to fool people like that".
Seems like many, many people believe that the old Henry company is the modern one. Aside from that, they so seem to have some good guns. I do not own one though.

Dragline45,

Thanks for the picture.
I like the looks of the receiver and barrel band contrasting with the blue parts.
It sure looks much better then the paint in my opinion.

I'm a big fan of duo-tone 1911's (blue upper silver lower) and I have a strong dislike for paint on guns, so that helps influence my opinion of your rifle.

Now as for Henry lying, it would most likely be better if they were more honest in their advertising.
That being said I believe they have some nice rifles.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

I don't know about too much, but after an hour or so worth of looking up reviews, other than people complaining about their older models, the AR-7 at least seems to impress most people

Not a huge fan of most of Henry's products. The standard model 22 is a decent gun for the money, but the centerfires are everything a lever action is not supposed to be. The Golden Boy's in any caliber look like a Pimp's gun.

If we were to get wound up over names there are few manufacturers we would buy from. Ruger is one of the few with any roots to their original manufacturer. S&W, Remington, Winchester, and Marlin have all been bought and sold more than once.

A Henry rifle can't get through 10 consecutive rounds in a CAS match? Really? They're that bad, huh? Just surprised. A rifle so terrible ... that they are practically unobtainable? Seems the buying public disagrees with you.

Also, at some point the "Henry's are made of plastic and pot metal/I've never owned one" guys are getting tiresome. Wouldn't it be funny if they turned out to be industry plants from Henry's competitors?

A Henry rifle can't get through 10 consecutive rounds in a CAS match? Really?

Probably from trying to run them fast.

Also, at some point the "Henry's are made of plastic and pot metal/

Nope. The Big Boys are all brass and steel. The standard .22 used to have plastic sights and barrel bands but the receiver cover is Zamak which has a higher tensile strength than steel. The receiver under it is steel. The Golden Boy has always had metal sights and barrel bands.

Zamak is ONLY the receiver COVER, a totally non-stressed part on those guns.
As far as relating to function goes, its strength is not an issue.
Denis

Dishonest in general aggravates the hell out of me. Problem is, in to-days screwed up society it seems it has become totally acceptable and practiced by most. I wonder why a company that has a "good" product should have to or want to be disingenuous in advertising. I guess it's just because they can. :(

Here's a perfect example. 2nd. day air. I ordered a produce Sunday 2nd. day air. It shipped Monday "morning". I traced it and it is being trucked from stop to stop no "AIR" involved. Either that or they have one slow arss plain. It's out for delivery but not here yet. 2 days are 24 hours. 24 hours ended at 7:AM this morning. Nit picky. Yep! But it proves that exaggeration is perfectly acceptably by today's standers. I didn't pay for 34 hour delivery (that's if it gets here by 5:PM. Last time didn't arive until 9:30 PM) I paid for 24 hour delivery.

Last edited:
I don't care if a company has been bought and sold over the years. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Smith and Wesson today the same company as it was a hundred years ago? The owners may have changed but its still S&W. I don't see any dishonesty here. Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

In the case of Henry they are a relatively new company that has no ties whatsoever to the original Henry Rifle which is what they're trying to market their rifles as direct decendents of.

I am in no way bashing Henry quality or customer service or their product in general. I've never owned one so I can't speak to that.

Sheesh.

We really are a nation of bungholes if that irritates you. Maybe thereoughttabealaw!

Maybe you should spend that irritation on little things such as the new AWB, Congress spending trillions of dollars beyond its income, and the President ordering the murder of American citizens without jury trial. It's these little things, such as advertising, that caused the Founders to suffer through nearly a decade of war with a world power. Nah...gun ads are far more important.

Last edited:
So i guess we shouldnt buy a coke cause it doesnt have the special ingredient that it originally had...... To be quite frank if it shoots good and is cheap for its cost and has a low failure rate in the statistics then why complain. And as a for the zamak 5 reciever, It says it can take a load over 45k psi and seeing as a .22lr by saami standards are half that..........

And as a for the zamak 5 reciever, It says it can take a load over 45k psi and seeing as a .22lr by saami standards are half that.....

Its not even the entire receiver, just the cover.

Back