Help With Target Turrets

My Long Range friend teaches an occasional class.
He can hep you shoot better with about anything, but PLEASE have it zeroed before class.

Thanks for the suggestions. This class is less than 6 hours away, and it doesn't require me to go to the hellhole known as South Florida, so I'm probably going to give it a try. It may be great, and if it's not, it will still be a start.

I feel the same way I felt about getting my first AR-15. Sometimes you just have to get started and not worry about the little things.

Thought I should follow up on this thread.

Altus didn't return calls because they have zero cell signal except right around their clubhouse. Their communication abilities need work, but the course was extremely helpful.

The instructors were excellent, and they worked with the poorly chosen equipment I took. I may take the course again with a bolt rifle and better scope.

If you're interested in Altus, I recommend NOT going in the summer. Take notes like crazy and photograph every Powerpoint slide, because there are no handouts. Learn the basics of Kestrel use before you go, because they will hand you one and tell you to use it. I had no idea what one was or that they were part of the course.

Before I took the course, 100 yards seemed like a long distance, and I had no idea how to use DOPE and turrets. Now I have my own Kestrel, and I've bought two MIL-dot scopes since I got back. I'm joining a nearby 900-yard range if they will have me.

I just wanted to be able to use a scope properly, but I enjoyed long-distance shooting so much, I have a Ruger RPR on the way. I'm seriously considering an AR in 6mm ARC.

Back