• I have shot a hi-power

Votes: 127 75.6%
  • I have shot a clone

Votes: 35 20.8%
  • I have not shot either

Votes: 31 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I've noticed a lot if not all the photos in this thread are of older pistols . When did Browning stop making them if at all ? My buddies was new as of 6 or 7 years ago but I don't know how long the store had it .

It was a Browning chambered in 9mm with a double stack mag if I recall . it looked more like this then the picks I've seen here .

https://www.browning.com/products/firearms/pistols/hi-power.html
Like 44 AMP said, Browning never manufactured them. FN manufactured them, and Browning Arms Co. imported them beginning in 1954. FN discontinued production in early 2018.

Be aware that while many BHPs from the 1980s onward were parkerized or finished with a black epoxy, a couple of the Mark III variants were blued with walnut grips, and one of these (the Standard) was manufactured until production ceased. To someone not familiar with the smaller differentiating details across the different iterations of the BHP, the later blued guns will probably look the same as the earlier ones.

Be aware that while many BHPs from the 1980s onward were parkerized or finished with a black epoxy, a couple of the Mark III variants were blued with walnut grips, and one of these (the Standard) was manufactured until production ceased. To someone not familiar with the smaller differentiating details across the different iterations of the BHP, the later blued guns will probably look the same as the earlier ones.

Thanks , Noted

Back