Handguns you'd love to own but never will...

nam68 brings Turnbull Restorations to mind. I'd love to own one of their restored WWI Colt 1911s, in the original Colt high-polish blue. I never will have the cash to waste on that though

A pair of S&W Model 24 44 Specials with endurance package, engraved, 5 inch barrels. The 624 6 1/2 inch I had started spinning backward, as did the 4 inch Model 24 :(.
Matched pair of Colt SAAs in 44 Special or 45 Colt, proper chamber mouths and bores, New Frontier or similar sights, coil springs like Ruger.

I'd kind of like to get a big bore single action, like a BFR in .500 JRH or something to that effect. But for me it's totally impractical, it's big and powerful but it won't do anything in my neck of the woods that my .45 Colt, loaded warmly, won't do.

On occasion I still think about picking up a Blackhawk in .41 Mag, and while I think it makes a lot more practical sense than a .500 anything, since I have the .45 Colt Bisley I'm not so sure I need it, but then again, if we only bought guns we need then we'd only own one or two, and what fun is that?

Back