Handguns that make you say Whoa!

Prof Young

First time I took this out of the range bag, one of my new buddies said, "What kind of devil gun is that." I've had other comments on first look that mentioned other deities.

What do you have that makes people say . . . . !!!!!!

Live well, be safe
Prof Young

Attachments

• IMGP0902.jpg
    IMGP0902.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 1,578
after i shoot my .30 carbine blackhawk people come over to see what it was..same thing with my .480 super redhawk...

T/C Contender G2 Stainless with a 10" SSK 45-70 barrel. The scoped 35 Remington barrel gets a few looks as well. Not so much out of the bag, but after the first few shots I get questions about my CZ52 or TT33 variants. Especially If it is a dark day, and they see the basket ball sized muzzle falsh from the surplus 7.62X25 ammo I mostly shoot.

MK40

When ever I shoot my MK40 at the range I get a lot of looks. Being such a short barrel it is loud and flames shoot everywhere. One time a lady comes running down asking what kind of .22 that was because she never heard one sound like that. When I informed it was .40 cal she was so suprised. She said, "That little gun is a .40 cal?". I said yes and asked if she wanted to shoot it. She declined.

Boba Fett, I had a Blackhawk in .30 Carbine and I sold it to friend who I owed a favor. Sure wish I didn't.

Attachments

• IPhone pics Vol 1 238.jpg
    IPhone pics Vol 1 238.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 635
I have a Taurus Tracker. At first glance it looks like a .357, but it is actually a .17 HMR. The noise it makes is distinctive, and it makes a lot of noise for a revolver without any real recoil. Supersonic velocities out of a revolver that holds 7 rounds and doesn't have recoil.

14si5at.jpg

It is a mean rimfire revolver. Really accurate, and a lot of fun. Everyone I have let shoot it, loved it. Those that didn't get to shoot it wanted to get some ammo to put through it at some point.

The Burris FF3 and mount has come off since picture was taken, iron sights put back on.

Hmm, my TC Encore .308 isn't allowed at any pistol ranges and when I shoot it at a rifle range many times rifle shooter leave due to the crack from the 15" barrel under the roof. Go figure!

Shoot a S&W 340 PD with a .357 load .... That will make you say "woa!". Feels like someone gave you a high five with a 2x4!

I don't have anything that grabs people's attention based on appearance alone.

But people always stare or do a double-take when I fire off 8 shots from the Blackhawk, or they see the 7 holes in the GP100 cylinder. Not many people have seen .327 Federal "in the wild", so it throws them for a loop.

The 8 shots from the Blackhawk actually scared a guy off an indoor range, once. After I fired 2 cylinders worth, he hurriedly packed up all of his gear, gave me an odd look while I was reloading, and left. On his way out, he told one of the clerks that the guy on the range was shooting 2 revolvers at the same time and was going to hurt some one. :rolleyes:

Everytime I fire my Tokarev at the indoor range, I always get asked if I was shooting .357 mag or .44 mag. Very loud with a big fireball and very little recoil.

Only thing I have that ever gets a double-take is my Browning 1885 in '06. It's a nice gun, but nothing really out of the ordinary except the 28" octagonal barrel, which I guess for some people makes it some kind of odd-ball.

IMG_2287.jpg

This. You touch off a full house .460 XVR and it gets everybodies attention.

I got this in a trade...A Bushmaster AR...a couple hundred rounds of .223 a dozen or so 20 and 30 round mags, carry case, cheap scope, assorted rails mag pouches etc and....this thing for $1400. I have no use for it. I never wanted to buy one. But, from a purely financial standpoint, it was a hell of a deal.

If...IF I ever find myself hiking around big bear country, I got it covered. And, its kind of unusual. At $3.00 a round, it doesn't get shot alot.

Back