Guns you wish existed.

How about an accurately reproduced version of the Smith&Wesson Triple Lock revolver in 44 Special. That revolver after a reintroduction of the Smith&Wesson N frame 38/44 Outdoorsman.

I would like to see a modern Colt 1877 replica- but redesigned in the guts to prevent breakage and short life.

Would love to see a Makarov with a lighter first trigger pull and a de-cocker. Would be my favorite (mine already converted to .380 stainless barrel).

A 22 conversion unit for the S&W M639/M659. Yes, I know, there is the Peters-Stahl unit-if you can find one.
A 22 conversion unit for the steel frame P-38.
The ideal defensive handgun. It weighs 5 ounces when carried, 5 pounds when fired, kicks like a 22, accurate like a 38, hits like a 44.

A Ruger MkIV Target 5.5" bull barrel chambered in either .32 acp or .32 S&W Long Wadcutter with a fast twist. This would make a great entry level pistol for Bullseye competition.

A K32 by S&W with adjustable sights, no stupid anti-lawyer lock and the old style slender barrel, chambered in 327 Magnum. Offered in 4" 5" and 6.5" made for outdoorsmen instead of "CC" or police. The market is way overloaded now with Cop guns, military style guns and CCW guns but the outdoorsman is largely neglected now days.
I and many others still prefer revolvers for our sidearms when hunting or fishing as well as back-packing.

Sure a good auto will do, but that is not the point.

Like men who prefer bolt actions and lever actions over battle-grade autos for hunting, it's about what we want, not what someone else "proves" is "better".

A Ruger MkIV Target 5.5" bull barrel chambered in either .32 acp or .32 S&W Long Wadcutter with a fast twist. This would make a great entry level pistol for Bullseye competition.
.32 wadcutter in a semi auto wouldn't be a bad idea, but I don't think the Mark pistol can handle that in a blowback design and work with the mag being in the grip. The target pistols that are chambered for .32 Wadcutter all have the magazine in front of the trigger and I don't think any of those pistols use feed ramps. It's a straight feed right into the chamber, thus I doubt the Mark frame has the space to do any of that.

.32 ACP the Ruger Mark can handle as custom versions of that have been made.

They exists but not in the US..Always had a fascination with Glock 25 and 28.
G25 is G19 size and G28 is G26 size but .380s....

Back