Guns you gave up and now can't find or can't afford.

H&K SP89

Back in the 80s I bought a mint used one for $900. Late 90s I needed quick money and sold it for what seemed like an amazing $1300. Now omg….$$$$ but it was a fun gun I wish I had back.

China contract Inglis high power. It was less than $1000 for a decent one about 15 years ago. Now I can't afford one in lousy shape.

I saw a M1A in shop for $850 back in 2007. I was so tempted. But I couldn't. I had been unemployed for more than 6 months. I had the money, but I needed it to keep my family fed.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Marlin 39A
Marlin 336 x2
Marlin 60 x3
S&W 19-4 Nickel P&R
S&W 645 x2
Remington 1100 x2
Mini 30
Sig P226 West Germany
Ruger Blackhawk 44 Magnum

Last edited:
Savage 99A Brush Gun in .358 Winchester. However, I don't miss it and I wouldn't buy another. I could probably afford another, but it has definitely gone up in value since I sold it. I have a threshold of about $3,000 without optics when it comes to building a custom rifle, and I've never purchased a factory built rifle for close to that.

When I was in college I had a Ruger Blackhawk 357 magnum (my first centerfire handgun) and was talking to my Dad about selling it and getting a "Dirty Harry" 44 magnum model 29 S&W ... and he told me ... " Don't ever sell a gun you like ... one day you will come to regret it . " and boy was the old man ever right !
I own several guns you can't find or they are very high in cost now .
Thanks for the great advice Dad !

Thanks to my dad ...I don't have any regrets ... not one !
Gary

Back