Guns you gave up and now can't find or can't afford.

Original Ithaca 37
WWII Garand from CMP
Ruger No.1 RSI in .243 - major regrets there
Remington XP-100 in 7mmBR - still have brass and Rem BR primers

A few I passed on then:
Steyr AUG with LH and RH bolts for $450 NIB
Every damn Lew Horton S&W special run
M1 carbines for $69 all day long
S&W 25-2 for $600
JM Marlin 357 carbine for $500

I used to drool three times a month when the Shotgun news showed up at my door

Sure

I traded away a very nice 6" M27 S&W, pinned and recessed, for a more recent 6" M29, and eventually traded the M29 away as well. I wish I still had both.

I bought a Mini14, new, traded it on a Mini30, also new. Still have the Mini30, but Mini's in general are priced through the roof and .223 ammo is still very common. I don't see how Ruger can keep selling Mini14's given the price v.

Traded away a Rem 870 Express in .410 when I quit raising beagles for rabbit hunting. I came out ahead in the deal, I'd bought the .410 quite a while back, but .410 Remingtons are now very desirable.

Really miss a Thompson Contender in 44 Mag. Loading brass with wax bullets, it was deadly on rats, etc., and sounded like a cap gun. A trick I learned along the way, was to mix sawdust with the parafin, and it made a tougher bullet. Also, having the wax bullet large enough to take up most of the powder space, gave the primer an extra boost. But I let it go....

Those P7s are readily available IF you have the cash - I have 2 that were bought WAY before the current insanity

This thread got me thinking and I've started watching pre64 94 Winchesters on Gun Broker. It seems the prices have come down a little. Now I'm thinking about getting another one... Not that I really need it.

Tony

I've sold or traded a few guns over the years, but only regretted one, a Swedish M40 "Lahti". Ended up buying it back from the guy I sold it to 4 or 5 years later, at a loss of about $200. Well worth it.

Funny story, I was thinking of starting a similar thread yesterday. Except mine is a gu. I briefly tried to sell, but I never got the price I wanted so I still have it. Boy am I glad. It's a Ruger security six, 6" .357, with a 150 SN prefix. It'll be C&R eligible in a couple of years. I shot it last week and remembered why I like the gun in the first place.

I was going to sell it in late 2020 to fund another gun purchase. Like I said, I'm glad I still have it. Otherwise, I've not sold any guns that I regret selling.

Prewar Model 70 in 30.06
Mint 1970s remington 700 in .270
SKS
Winchester 70 in .270
3) Model 94's
700 BDL in .270
Ruger blackhawk in 45 colt
etc. etc. all sold for fraction of current value

Anyone remember when Big5 sold C&R rifles for cheap? I bought a lot of 'em.
I had picked up a sweet Lee Enfield MK4 chambered for the .410 shotgun shell...
Was modified for the Burma palace guards, there where only 500 ever converted.
Would love to find another one, was a lot of fun to shoot, & was a nice mantel piece.

Last edited:
I bought my K31 from Big5. They had lots of good deals back then but I was usually broke... Good deals never seem to surface when I have the money to take advantage of them.

Tony

The only reason I've ever sold a gun is because it was never shot.
Some, because they were duplicates, and others, because they were collectibles or obsolete.
I'll sometimes get nostalgic, and think I'd like to have one back, but it would just go to its place in the back of the safe.

Back