Gun vs Knife [Graphic !!]

Al those pics are nasty examples of mele or edged weapons (my personal favorite) but to just say he cheated and deserves it seem s kindda out there as well. I dont know if that was your intent or not but it seems like an extrem end of revenge to me. theres other ways besides that (like a divorce and taking all the money) to get even. All thoguh i think the modern lack of males rights in divorce is wrong, but thats a whole other issue.

I agree it was an extreme response. Personally, if they were having martial problems, she should have let it go and move on since it was obvious that he did. I never feel that domestic violence is ever justified no matter who's the offender.

Laura

Knife v. Gun

"A knife is a deadly weapon and so is a hammer, ball bat ect. Come at me with anything like that and thou shall be shot!" And inside of 20 feet you will be cut before you can draw your weapon, engage the target, and fire. It has nothing to do if you are average Joe or trained LEO. If you do not know how to respond to someone with a knife then being seriously injured is a strong likelihood. Three months in the matrooms of FLETC taught me that powerful lesson. For every move there is a counter move; the bad guys practive their moves...

I once did Law Enforcement Boardings for the Coast Guard. Our base was across the street from a minimum security federal correctional institution. Several days after we were practicing arrest and defensive tactics, the convicts were practicing counter movements.

Ssssssmmmoookkkee Sssssssssccrrreeeeeeennnnnn

Just "shows to go you" what a knife/hatchet (even though it looked like a garden spade) can do to you. That guy had to have died. I used to work in the E.R. back home and I saw TONS of knife wounds. Enough to scare me into shooting someone if they pulled a knife on me. A lot of damage. :confused:

I'm surprised that he survived.

I don't think he did. Looked like a picture of a post-mortem to me.

And, by the way--the 21 foot rule applies for someone who has their weapon already drawn, and on target! If you are carrying, or an LEO, you will NOT clear your holster before you start taking damage from a determined attacker.

Here's the entire article. I didn't include it with the pictures because it was a little long but probably should have. Sorry about that. This is absolutely unbelievable.

Riverrat66

Subject: Fw: DON'T CHEAT ON YOUR WIFE

Emilo Savez was critically wounded tonight when his wife, in a fit of rage, attacked her husband with a wood ax, lodging it in his forehead. The 36 year old father of three was rushed to St.Vincent's hospital when his frantic wife called police after swinging an ax into his face. Apparently Maria Savez caught her estranged husband in bed with the family housekeeper, and in a fit of rage ran to the garage and got a wood ax, then proceeded back to their bedroom.

Once there a struggle ensued, and Mrs. Savez ended up on top of her husband, then swung the ax and impaled Mr. Savez in his forehead.

Shocked surgeons spent six hours removing and repairing the damage from the ax, and surprisingly Mr. Savez is expected to make a full recovery.

Minor brain damage to the front temporal lobes is expected, but Mr. Savez is expected to be able to lead a normal life once his wounds have healed!

And, by the way--the 21 foot rule applies for someone who has their weapon already drawn, and on target! If you are carrying, you will NOT clear your holster before you start taking damage from a determined attacker.
BTW, Powderman is 100% correct. The attacker with the knife always has the advantage. If someone flashes a knife at me I'm gonna run and then start shooting, in that order. Or at least move to some cover and draw as I'm doing so. That's why it always pays to practice drawing and firing as you are moving.

Personally if I had a choice I would rather have a baseball bat then a knife. I would rather have a heavy long stick then a knife. A knife is more useful as a tool, as a last ditch weapon, or as if its your only concealable option.

Back