Gun deals passed by and you're still kicking yourself

Yeah natman, I do that. That's why I stop. But I always wonder afterword if I wouldn't really have paid just $5 more.

If you have any second thoughts, your maximum isn't really the maximum. The key is to make it more than you really want to pay and as high as you'd ever possibly go.

You have to make yourself sincerely believe that even a dollar more is way too much and to feel relieved if it goes over.

The key is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.

Pre-64 Model 70 270 Win.

About 15 years ago, a Pre-64 Winchester Model 70 chambered in 270 Win on consignment ant a LGS. I slept on it, and wondered why I even hesitated, went back the next day, it was gone. Granted it wasn't cheap, but seeing what they go for now, I still kick myself.

I bought a /26\ arsenal SKS in 1993 for 69 or 79 bucks, still have it, it's a fine weapon. I really wish I had bought the whole crate:p

Yesterday at a local gun show I saw a Stevens Visible Loader that was as clean as any that I've ever come across.
It's not something that I need but is something that I want because it's a fascinating and cool little action.
The guy was asking $275 which is pretty high, but for the condition I'm not so sure.
I made an offer and he didn't come down low enough, I circled back later and offered again and he came down to within $10 of where I was.
I know that I'll regret walking away until I find one as clean for the same or less.

My wife met a a woman at a safety seminar for women. She though she could find buyers for her deceased husbands collection. We made an appointment to go look. She took us to his gunroom where there were 20 rifles and shotguns layed out along with all his ammo and reloading stuff. She points a few things out to us and then nudges a barrel sticking out from under a day bed and says "there's this too but I don't think it's worth much."
It's an 03A3 with dust bunnies in the barrel. She had a book of most of the guns with pictures and prices but that one wasn't in there. I wanted it but I would have cheated her out of it and I just couldn't do it.

The year was 1971 and I had just finished building a 25-05 on a VZ24 action. the gun was a tack driver and I couldn't wait to kill an antelope with it. A friend offered to trade me one of his rifles for it and I turned him down. The rifle was a pre 64 Model 70 Super Grade........22Hornet!

Back