Gun Belts...What Do You Wear?

My first gun belt was an Aker B21. They're about $65 right now. I paid $55 for mine about 10 years ago. It's worn, but in good enough shape that I still wear it from time to time, particularly for working around the house, weekend runs to the store, etc. I got mine in brown, and then decided that I needed a belt in black. For that, I grabbed a DeSantis Econobelt. It only runs about $35, but it's a steal at that price. My first one lasted about 7 years, and when it got too beat up, I grabbed another one just like it. It's not the best belt I own, but it is the best bargain in belts I own. When my Aker B21 started showing its age (also after about 7 years), I decided to upgrade to a Beltman belt. It's clearly the most expensive belt I own, and it's a very nice belt. With that said, I've seen lots of folks post online things like "I've had my Beltman belt for 10+ years and it still looks brand new." I've had mine about 3 years. It does not look brand new. It looks good, but not brand new. Maybe the folks who posted that just don't put as much strain on a belt as this Fat Boy does. When it comes time to replace my belt again, I'll definitely consider Beltman, but I'm pretty sure there will be other companies in the running, too.

My favorite leather belt is my 1.5” wide Mean Gene Leather Victory Aegis belt.

https://www.meangeneleather.com/shop/mgl-victory-aegis-belt-with-buckle/

They are pricey but very well worth it, and Gene is a great guy to deal with. The buckle allows for infinite adjustment, too.

They’re also about 1/4” thick and easily support my heavy, fullsize 1911 and spare mag. In fact, some use them as part of their competition rig. The only issue is that some holsters are difficult to thread through because of how thick the belt is. I find holsters designed for 1.75” wide belts work best with this one even though it’s only 1.5” wide. All around top quality, and he even offers custom work. I got mine in 2 weeks with custom work done. Otherwise, it usually takes a week or less to arrive for non-customized belts. Highly recommend.

I've been using Kore's reinforced leather belts for a few years now. In fact, they are the only belts I've worn since I got them. I can't speak to the experience shared by RETG. Mine have held up beautifully. I've used them with a few different leather holsters, IWB and OWB, as well as soft loops and Tek-Loks for knives.

I like the reinforced leather because it still looks like a regular belt. It's classy enough for the office but rugged enough for the trail.

The ratcheting buckle is amazing because it allows for both fine adjustment and a solid hold. Whether you fluctuate a little in weight or like to change up your IWB, it's great to be able to get just the right fit.
One thing for sure, Regardless of the belt, amust for myself is the Ratchet system, After using one since they came out, I will not go back to the standard again.

I have not seen that wear on my Kore belts but I only wear the leather dress up belt to church, otherwise I wear the nylon belts.

Back