Gun Belts...What Do You Wear?

EDC Kobra Belt by RDR.

Bought it on a whim because of a sale, first nylon/kydex belt and it changed my whole mindset. Won't go back to a leather belt for EDC, though I do still have a couple thick leather Crossbreed belts for nicer occasions. Even so, I usually can't wait to get my "real" belt on ASAP.

Velcro gives incremental adjustments and the stiff kydex holds the gun well.

Wilderness Instructor 5-stitch, and Blue Alpha Gear Low Profile EDC, mostly. I’m interested in the Nexbelt Precise Fit belt, and will probably be getting one soon.

Originally posted by Carl the Floor Walker I have been wearing a Kore essential now for a few years and no sign of that kind of wear at all. Yes, a little lighter gun but still that does not look right. What holster are you wearing?

As stated in the original post Desantis; however, to be exact; Thumb Break Scabbard.

Wear is were the holster pushes down on the belt loop of my jeans. And the new belt they sent, shows the same wear, but not as bad, primarily cause I switched to their heavy duty tactical belts.
But never had wear like that with any other belt.

For normal wear, I just use a regular belt I bought at Costco. I carry a sub-compact polymer gun so it doesn't weigh that much. For the range, I got a belt from Hank's Belts. It seems pretty well made and is holding up well. It is a little bulky for how I normally dress and the leather is pretty thick.

For normal wear, I just use a regular belt I bought at Costco. I carry a sub-compact polymer gun so it doesn't weigh that much. For the range, I got a belt from Hank's Belts. It seems pretty well made and is holding up well. It is a little bulky for how I normally dress and the leather is pretty thick.
I bought mine because the 25.00 belts I had been wearing to work would break after a couple of months. I figured if I was going to spend 75.00 on belts every 6 months or so I might as well suck it up and spend that 75.00 on a good one.

I've been using Kore's reinforced leather belts for a few years now. In fact, they are the only belts I've worn since I got them. I can't speak to the experience shared by RETG. Mine have held up beautifully. I've used them with a few different leather holsters, IWB and OWB, as well as soft loops and Tek-Loks for knives.

I like the reinforced leather because it still looks like a regular belt. It's classy enough for the office but rugged enough for the trail.

The ratcheting buckle is amazing because it allows for both fine adjustment and a solid hold. Whether you fluctuate a little in weight or like to change up your IWB, it's great to be able to get just the right fit.

RETG, off and on I wear that very same DeSantis holster with one of my weapons. Try slipping your belt through the the back holster loop then through your pants loop then into your front holster loop then your pants loop. Also use a kore 4 lb rated or above. Quite frankly this should apply to just about any holster of that size on any belt.

I have been wearing a holster for over 40 years with three-quarters of those years working for Uncle Sam. Many of those years it was a Sig Sauer or an H&K USP and in a one-inch belt a lot heavier than the current setup, less supportive than the so-called concealed carry belt manufactured by KORE, and never had this problem with a cheap leather belt!

That is primarily how I have worn my holstersSo really not sure of your comment; however, it sounds like you are the belt/holster expert.

So as far as I'm concerned, I'm done with this thread. If people are so supportive of Kore, then that is great for them and great for Kore, and I do use their tactical belts and have had no problems; however, no more of their leather belts.

RETG, no offense intended. No need to get grouchy. I like Kore Essential belts, at least the 4 lb and up rated belts but quite frankly I can take em or leave em. Just trying to help. From your comments, your problem seemed sorta obvious. By the way, we're not all just a bunch of "paper punchers." Wanna see my pretty scars? Peace, brother. ;)

Gotta say I've had Kore leather belt over year now using Tier1 holster / glock19 setup and it is completely flawless like the day I got it. Probably your holsters belt slot is rubbing on it. Leather does react to pressure its the cows skin. I do know for a fact you can't break inner core on these belts from flexing like you can a steel core belt. You might want to try there belt sleeve protector that slides over belt or get a different holster. Either would do the trick.

I've used both a Wilderness Tactical 5-stitch Instructor Belt and a Wilderness LowPro EDC belt. I like the flatter buckle on the latter.

I went a Crossbreed Crossover belt. Not cheap, but I’ve had it for 4 years and it shows no wear signs yet. Daily carry a full size 10mm 1911 in a super tuck holster.

Quality belts cost money and are worth every penny especially if you carry a heavy gun.
Thick unlined belts that I use when carrying a lightweight gun,

RG leather makes a great product at fair prices.
Basketofsnakes.jpg

When at work with a 1911 or L-frame all day I go to
A Better Belt USA and buy their Ultimate belt in buffalo.

abbi2.jpg

Back