Gun Belt

The HK P30SK is NOT a full size handgun. SK in German stands for Compact. It's a 10 round mag.
The holster was used on a belt that was actually wider and the holster slides easily.
I've left a similar review on their website; along with the same two pictures.
I understand the leather will wear, just not happy with the crimps and the noted wear in the edge.

I might give Anson a try. Same idea, a track system; however, their belts/buckles are less expensive; not much, but less.

Anson's a lifetime warranty , Kore 30 days money back one year warranty . I would hope Kore does something for you . Can the Kore buckle be used with the Anson belt or is the track set up differently ?

RETG thanks for sharing your experience.

Aside from the wear on the thin leather outer layer, has the belt held its shape up? I currently have a desantis econobelt that's has lasted me about a year of daily use, and its got some weird sags in it. The belt is no longer straight, it dips down by my hips. Is the core belt losing its shape too?

The remaining part of the belt is holding up very well. No bends, no wear; however, it is only a month old, but the trackline adjustments is great.
I have no plans of using another belt; however, I may order out the Anson concealed carry belt just to see how it stands up to the wear from the holster.

Since camping season, for me, starts Sunday, I will be switching to the Kore Tactical belt I also purchased, and that means a full size PX4, .40 will be carried, along with a double mag holder. I might take the leather belt along just to see how it handles the larger, heavier gun and extra mags. Not sure....

I have the belt for alittle over a month , still looks brand new using a IWB holster 3" 1911 ,I ordered a belt for my Son & Son in law both in LE both carry full size , both love the belt with no issues. Granted it's not that a long enough test . Hopefully RETG got a defective cow and Kore will correct , we'll see . So far everyone here loves the belt.

I sure don't love the belt. I like the trackline feature, but the belt itself is just ok; even if there was no abnormal wear. However, the problem is to get a piece of plastic inside the leather you need to sew two layers together.

I wish they would somehow figure out how to put the trackline inside a solid leather belt that is thicker; similar to the solid leather and thickness of a Carhartt or Levi belt.

I have worn solid leather belts for over thirty years, carrying a full size SIG, H&K with no problem. I just hate buckles so I like the trackline idea.

Update on the tactical belt.
After about a week of wearing with a full size PX4, the belt is holding up; however, due to the design of being nylon, the end is getting flared out and bent just a small amount and the flaring and the bend is making it hard as heck to push through the slots in the buckle and into the first belt loop on the jeans.

I have written Kore giving them a suggestion to sew a small piece of reinforced leather to the front that will cure the flaring of the nylon.

They could also produce a buckle with larger clearance in the slots that belt is in; however, that would negate the idea of using the same buckle for other belts.

I'll be interested in the reply; if there is one.

I didn't try the tactical belt , seemed a bit much for my needs . My EDC Kore belt is holding up well , I carry a Colt New Agent 3" 1911 45acp in a IWB Milt Sparks holster, that's not a good test for the belt . Waiting on a OWB by R Grizzle , will be a better test . The track line attracted me to the belt , sorry to hear your having problems.

Chris

Has anyone ever tried the ones on Ebay labeled as "Amish" made gun belts? They look like decently made double thick belts and they are priced reasonably.

Kore is sending out a new leather belt due to the permanent bends and wear in the one I have. I find that good service.
As for the tactical, the loose nylon at the ends is going to happen with a nylon belt. They are always looking at ideas so who know if they will take up the idea of adding a short piece of leather as a guide to insert the end of the larger tactical belt through the loops.

I went ahead and ordered an Anson Gunbelt+buckle. Kore belt was $10 more and back ordered. Anson was $49 with free shipping. The leather is a nice deep even black with a polymer insert, and I chose a polished gunmetal buckle. The belt cut to size easy with scissors and a razor blade, buckle installation took 5 seconds. I have to say, I really love this belt. The track adjustments are excellent. The buckle is solid, but a little thick due to the type. Anson shipped same day and I had it 2 days later USPS. I will recommend this 100% for anyone looking for a great leather gunbelt under $50!

Second leather belt indented just like the first. As for the tactical belt, end keep fraying; however, I only use that belt when out in the wild so not a "big" problem.
But I still like the track lock system vs. a standard buckle.

My 5 year old Bullhide belt is holding up well but since losing 30 lbs & making a couple new holes it's getting to long of a tail so I ordered a Bigfoot steel reinforced belt that arrived yesterday and only got to try it out for a few hours last night IWB carry & it's going to be a good one too.
http://gunbelts.com/

Back