Gotta Love The Nighthawk

A Nighthawk is on my bucket list.

Gonna be a while though before I get to that. Until then I gotta live vicariously thru posters like Photonguy.

Just start saving up.

In the meantime, got any other really cool guns?

I can even get a head shot from 15 yards away with a 10mm.

Glad you like the gun. I'm sure they are good and I have no problem with someone owning a high end gun and enjoying it. But you've not set the bar very high with the accuracy claims. The gun is probably capable of head shots at 50 yards+. Just like many others.

Worthless post followed be worthless commentary followed by worthless retort followed by worthless response.

So much lack of worth here.

Except that Nighthawk. It's worth a lot to the OP.
And yet, you find it worthwhile to keep posting about it.

Glad you like the gun. I'm sure they are good and I have no problem with someone owning a high end gun and enjoying it. But you've not set the bar very high with the accuracy claims. The gun is probably capable of head shots at 50 yards+. Just like many others.
I see. Well Front Sight doesn't give you the opportunity to try for head shots at 50 yards with handguns, at least not in their basic classes.

Photon, not necessarily. I used to have more handguns, but have reduced my gun collection over the last 10 years to what I need.

If I have to be really honest, the gun that goes to the range the most is a CZ rifle in 22lr, I can spend all day shooting that gun.

For those who've suggested I could've gotten some other 10mm gun such as a Glock 20 for a fraction of the price of a Nighthawk, the Nighthawk performs much better. With both the Glock and the Nighthawk you get what you pay for. I know, I've got a Glock, although not a Glock 20. The Glock will go bang but the Nighthawk shoots so much nicer and is so much more accurate. At my current skill level I can land a shot in the ocular cavity at 15 yards, that's the space that starts at the eyes and goes down to just above the mouth. I can shoot the paper target that's the shape and size of the average human and land my shot there at 15 yards. Could I do that with a Glock? Probably not. Maybe if I was more skilled I could. Could somebody much more skilled than me hit that same target at 50 yards, 100 yards, 200 yards with a Glock? Even the most skilled shooter would probably find it easier to do with the Nighthawk.

I have no problem with enthusiasm, as seen in my other posts. The reality is the benchmark you presented here is capable with any service weapon. Frankly the same is possible at 25 yds with the right shooter. I've made repeated hits at 100 yds with a Glock on an IPSC plate without much difficulty, and I'm not the best shooter I know. If the Nighthawk enables that for you awesome, that's great. Just understand that some of the feedback here is based on the fact that what you're saying here is, to me, the equivalent of a guy who buys a Ferrari 458 Italia bragging about doing 0-60 MPH in 8 sec.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For those who've suggested I could've gotten some other 10mm gun such as a Glock 20 for a fraction of the price of a Nighthawk, the Nighthawk performs much better. With both the Glock and the Nighthawk you get what you pay for. I know, I've got a Glock, although not a Glock 20. The Glock will go bang but the Nighthawk shoots so much nicer and is so much more accurate. At my current skill level I can land a shot in the ocular cavity at 15 yards, that's the space that starts at the eyes and goes down to just above the mouth. I can shoot the paper target that's the shape and size of the average human and land my shot there at 15 yards. Could I do that with a Glock? Probably not. Maybe if I was more skilled I could. Could somebody much more skilled than me hit that same target at 50 yards, 100 yards, 200 yards with a Glock? Even the most skilled shooter would probably find it easier to do with the Nighthawk.
Yes you get what you pay for... up to a certain point.

I have owned a Glock 20. I am not a particularly accomplished shooter, but with care and discipline, I was able to shoot stationary clay pigeons at 25 yards. (This was the test I did before I carried it as a sidearm hunting.) Could I have done that with the nighthawk? Certainly. But I couldn't have hit them at 150 yards with either pistol. I use that number because it is 6x the benchmark I used for the Glock. If I am to pay for something that costs, using round numbers, 6x as much, it needs to be 6x better.

The nighthawk is certainly a nicer pistol, but, in the local vernacular, it ain't no 6x nicer.

In truth, I'm reluctant to say it is at all better... just nicer.

The Nighthawk looks great, but I'll definitely stick to looking from afar. The prices on those things more than break the bank.

The OP got what he paid for , when you paid good money and it worked out great it's worth it . I like 1911 's I own two , one a 70 series Colt the other is a carry piece , Colt New Agent . My friend liked my new agent and bought the Kimber , it's the same as my New Agent ( trench sights with CT Laser grips ) it costs twice as much and you can see the difference . I see nothing wrong with spending the money on something you want . Only difference between my friend and the OP , my friend can't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside with his gun .

The only problem i hear with uber expensive 1911s like Nighthawks is they tend to be ammo sensitive/finicky, now if you don't have that ammo sensitivity problem there PhontonGuy, then that's money well spent.

The only problem i hear with uber expensive 1911s like Nighthawks is they tend to be ammo sensitive/finicky, now if you don't have that ammo sensitivity problem there PhontonGuy, then that's money well spent.
That has not been my experience with my Nighthawk or any of my Browns. I do have a Baer that is a little sensitive when it comes to hollow points, so I only use Golden Sabers when actually carrying it.

Went shooting this past Monday and with this thread in mind, took my Nighthawk, which I probably had not fired in over a year, along. Every compliment Photonguy paid it is well deserved. What a sweet 1911. With minimal assistance from me, it was putting bullets in the same hole. That never happened with my Glock. It's true that both a Toyota and a Ferrari will get you to the grocery store but if you can afford the Ferrari, it will get you there faster and in a lot better style.

Went shooting this past Monday and with this thread in mind, took my Nighthawk, which I probably had not fired in over a year, along. Every compliment Photonguy paid it is well deserved. What a sweet 1911. With minimal assistance from me, it was putting bullets in the same hole. That never happened with my Glock. It's true that both a Toyota and a Ferrari will get you to the grocery store but if you can afford the Ferrari, it will get you there faster and in a lot better style.
Just because you can buy a Ferrari it doesn't make you a race car driver.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The Ferrari won't get you to the grocery store any faster legally, you've got to obey the speed limit no matter what kind of car you're driving.
Unless you're going on the Autobahn to get to the grocery store.

Just because you can buy a Ferrari it doesn't make you a race car driver.
Nope and just because you can buy a gun doesn't make you a crack shot.
Being a race car driver and being a crack shot isn't about owning a special kind of car or gun, they're skills which you need to develop through hard work.

Back