Gotta Love The Nighthawk

PhotonGuy

Nighthawk semi automatics are awesome, you just got to love them, I can tell you from my own experience. I've only got one, its all I can afford, but its well worth it. I've got a Nighthawk Predator in 10mm and the way it shoots, I can get really accurate body shots on the targets and I can even get a head shot from 15 yards away with a 10mm. Nighthawks are very expensive but as I said, its well worth it even with its high price. Nighthawks sure cost a pretty penny but I can tell you from my experience you get what you pay for and more.

Nighthawk semi automatics are awesome, you just got to love them, I can tell you from my own experience. I've only got one, its all I can afford, but its well worth it. I've got a Nighthawk Predator in 10mm and the way it shoots, I can get really accurate body shots on the targets and I can even get a head shot from 15 yards away with a 10mm. Nighthawks are very expensive but as I said, its well worth it even with its high price. Nighthawks sure cost a pretty penny but I can tell you from my experience you get what you pay for and more.
You can do that with a Glock 20 for probably less than 25% of the money.

You can do that with a Glock 20 for probably less than 25% of the money.

I do better with my Nighthawk than I do with my Glock 21 and a 45 ACP round has about the same recoil as a 10mm round.

Nighthawks are very expensive but as I said, its well worth it even with its high price. Nighthawks sure cost a pretty penny but I can tell you from my experience you get what you pay for and more.

But would you say it's worth it, given the high price?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I can even get a head shot from 15 yards away with a 10mm.
I can do that regularly with my Colt 9991a1 Compact without all the lipstick.
Nighthawk sounds like a ridiculously expensive fluff and buff on a 108 year old design.

The Nighthawk pistols are no doubt cool pieces with a good reputation. If you want and can afford one, by all means go for it. I definitely own some firearms that I bought because I find them cool to me.

No offense, though - the performance you are bragging about can be achieved by a $120 Hi-Point. Or an EAA Witness 10mm or Glock 20 (the least expensive 10mm pistols I can think of) if 10mm is a must.

I totally get wanting to show off or discuss your nice acquisition, but perhaps that would be done better by showing us what makes the Nighthawk Predator so great. Maybe nice photos of the awesome machining, features, or workmanship (like bac1023 does with the awesome collection he has). Show or explain to us what makes it unique and cool - more "meat" than a post bragging about how your Nighthawk can do what pretty every other semi-automatic ever made can do.

I do better with my Nighthawk than I do with my Glock 21 and a 45 ACP round has about the same recoil as a 10mm round.

Put as much $ into training and ammo as you did into the pistol.

When I lived in CO, I should have bought one of the two Nighthawk Custom Hi-Powers I saw for sale, $2,600 for the LN one, $3K for the BN one, but if you wanted a better put together Hi-Power you would have to have it built by a custom gunsmith for at least that much and up to a 2 yr. wait, oh well, snooze & lose!

I have a Nighthawk Falcon and absolutely love it. Some folks will never understand spending that much money on a pistol when others will do the same job. This is where I point out the $50,000 or $60,000 cars and pickups don’t get you from point A to point B any faster than KIA, at least not legally. That’s okay. Nearly everybody has that “thing” that want to have the very best of.

KyJim: said:
I have a Nighthawk Falcon and absolutely love it. Some folks will never understand spending that much money on a pistol when others will do the same job.

“Some folks” can go think what they want to think. I know “some folks” who squawk about a $3K 1911, yet they have at least $3K worth of 1911’s and you can only shoot them 1 at a time anyway. If you can appreciate a nice firearm and can spend the money, AND (here’s a big one) you can hit a target with it like a fine firearm deserves to be shot, then go & enjoy yourself!

“Some folks” can go think what they want to think. I know “some folks” who squawk about a $3K 1911, yet they have at least $3K worth of 1911’s and you can only shoot them 1 at a time anyway. If you can appreciate a nice firearm and can spend the money, AND (here’s a big one) you can hit a target with it like a fine firearm deserves to be shot, then go & enjoy yourself!
But "some folks" are going to point out what they think, that's nature. If "some folks" saying what they think ruins your experience with something you enjoy then you need to learn to take "some folks" less seriously and live your life.

TunnelRat: said:
But "some folks" are going to point out what they think, that's nature. If "some folks" saying what they think ruins your experience with something you enjoy then you need to learn to take "some folks" less seriously and live your life.

I don’t have a dog in this fight. My 2nd hand DW Valor suits me just fine. But I have enjoyed shooting high end 1911’s owned by OP’s and I just wanted to offer a comment on the fact that KyJim loves his Nighthawk Falcon, and in the end the only opinion that matters is his.

I don't disagree that when buying something the opinion that matters most is your own. My point would be when you make the choice to post on a discussion forum about that purchase then you have to know that not every comment will be supportive.

Not sure if I was supposed to be one of the "some folks."

I can appreciate well-made, expensive pistols and why someone would want to buy one.

I also understand that that OP came here and basically said "the Nighthawk is so awesome because I can hit the target with it, but hitting the target with it feels more awesomer than with a cheaper pistol".

That's a worthless post to me. A waste of bandwidth.

I better approach would have been to show or explain what makes the Nighthawk such a great pistol, regardless of cost.

Not sure if I was supposed to be one of the "some folks."

I can appreciate well-made, expensive pistols and why someone would want to buy one.

I also understand that that OP came here and basically said "the Nighthawk is so awesome because I can hit the target with it, but hitting the target with it feels more awesomer than with a cheaper pistol".

That's a worthless post to me. A waste of bandwidth.

I better approach would have been to show or explain what makes the Nighthawk such a great pistol, regardless of cost.

I don't see it as "worthless". There are plenty of threads on here that I don't care about, some of them even from you. I just don't participate in them. At some level this is a place for enthusiasts. It's okay to just like something and want to share liking that thing with a group of people who might appreciate it. Wanting a sense of community and sharing experiences online if you don't have that community locally isn't worthless, IMO.

Last edited:
I'm in agreement with Fishbed.

What I read in the post was, "I spent a lot of money. Money, money, money. My 1911 was super expensive. I've got money. I like expensive firearms. Please give my expensive 1911 attention. I've got lots of money".

And I could argue that what I read in your response is, "I don't have the money to spend on nicer handguns and when I read about people getting them it angers me so I take it out on them by being impolite." But just because I assume something doesn't make it true.

I know above I said that negative attention always comes with the internet. We could also try to, idk, not do that or not assume the worst about why someone makes a post.

Last edited:

I can do all of that and more with my ole $400 Gold Cup with a busted dust tube. It ain't the bow and arrow it's the injun.:cool:

Back