Gothic Themed Handguns

The C-96 was ruled out early on for 2 reasons: Initial cost, and I could not bear cutting, carving, or otherwise ruining such a classic piece.
Walther P38 looks... (what's the word?) Distinguished. :cool: You can get a nice P1 for $300 and not feel bad about customizing it.

300px-Walter_HP_Speerwerke_1428.jpg

H&R Sportsman 999

H&R Sportsman 999 would be a great choice,,,
And you can still find them cheaply.

hr30ax.jpg

hr20ph.jpg

The top-break action, triangular barrel, and finger-rest trigger guard all combine to give it a Victorian look and feel.

Couple this with a nice custom holster,,,
You'll have a practical shooter with Gothic style aplenty.

Aarond

The best thing about the French 1892 is,,,

The best thing about the French 1892 is,,,
You can still purchase new manufactured ammo for it.

Click here please,,,

I fire mine about twice a year,,,
Two cylinders just to keep the old gal fresh.

Aarond

If she shoots, hunts and wants a .22 ... what about a Walther "Free Pistol"? I think they look amazing.
https://waltherarms.com/fp500-right-s/
It doesn't hurt that they are competition accurate right out of the box.

In that same category there are some very cool single shot "parlor pistols" that are relatively inexpensive or even a Contender that can be customized as pleased.

There is something very cool when plinking in a social situation (no euphemism, shooting with friends) for someone to pull out a single shot, load one .22 round, then put it dead center like it ain't no thing.

Last edited:
"Actually, an old chromed H&R or Iver Johnson with MoP grips might be acceptable."

The later H&R topbreaks will chamber and fire 32 S&W long ammo, which is not impossible to find at "big box" sporting goods stores, and easy to find online. The revolvers themselves can be had off of Gunbroker 24/7. A decent one can be had for $150 if you check for a couple of weeks.

Some of the earlier Walther models, mostly in 25acp or 32acp, have a funky old-fashioned look and may not be hard to find or expensive.

The Mauser Model 1910 (25acp) and 1914 (32acp) cost me $300 apiece, are fun to shoot, and cool/quirky looking. That is the longest barrel (3") and best sights I have seen on a 25 auto. I believe that is the model that Hitler's niece allegedly killed herself with.

I'm not sure about the cost and availability, but I recall the Browning Model 1900 as being kind of distinctive looking.

Have you considered the older Savage semi-auto pistols,,,
They have a bit of a Steampunk look to them.

Savage-1907-11.jpg

Easily found in .32 ACP or .380 ACP.

Just a suggestion.

Aarond

"Actually, an old chromed H&R or Iver Johnson with MoP grips might be acceptable."

The later H&R topbreaks will chamber and fire 32 S&W long ammo, which is not impossible to find at "big box" sporting goods stores, and easy to find online. The revolvers themselves can be had off of Gunbroker 24/7. A decent one can be had for $150 if you check for a couple of weeks.

Some of the earlier Walther models, mostly in 25acp or 32acp, have a funky old-fashioned look and may not be hard to find or expensive.

The Mauser Model 1910 (25acp) and 1914 (32acp) cost me $300 apiece, are fun to shoot, and cool/quirky looking. That is the longest barrel (3") and best sights I have seen on a 25 auto. I believe that is the model that Hitler's niece allegedly killed herself with.

I'm not sure about the cost and availability, but I recall the Browning Model 1900 as being kind of distinctive looking.
Are those old H&R top-breaks strong enough to fire .32 ACP? Or will that quickly ruin the top latch?

I would definitely not shoot 32acp in them. It's a higher pressure round.

I thought of another one. The Beretta Model 1934 has a distinctive look. If you chromed one, and used black grips with skulls or something on them, that would look cool. Also not terribly expensive or hard to find, shoots 380acp, and could actually be useful for SD.

What Is Gothic Art?
From the 12th century until well into the Renaissance period, Gothic architecture and artistic expression flourished throughout the Roman Empire of Europe. Born of utilitarian concerns, the forms and innovations bucked classical trends in Roman architecture. This led critics to name the movement after Goth nomads of Germanic lineage who were largely blamed for diluting Roman civilization since the third century.

With this definition, what would be more modern Goth than building something on a Hi-Point?
"Born of utilitarian concerns"
"bucked classical trends"
"blamed for diluting Roman civilization# (according to gun snobs, Hi-Point is diluting the gun community)
With these criteria, what could be more Goth?:D

Back