Gothic Themed Handguns

samsmix

I know a very Abby-esqe woman who would like a range and BBQ gun in the Victorian Gothic style. She is an avid hunter & shooter, but this one needs to serve no purpose other than style. Caliber can run from .22lr (Ideal) to .44mag, and any style. She CANNOT aford to shoot or collect anything as costly as an old Gasser, but a Gothed-out Nagant or 4" Webley would be okay. Autos are certainly okay as well. A chromed & engraved Astra or Star? Open to any options.

NAA does the Black Widow which is a little revolver in 22LR/22 Mag, might be able to find one that's blued or cerakoted black.

naa%204.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

if she's looking for something specific to the time period, perhaps a tricked-out flintlock? :rolleyes:

If you want a victorian looking revolver, your most affordable options will likely be either a Nagant M1895 or Webley Mk. IV .38. Other European military revolvers to keep an eye out for include other models of Nagant (Russia wasn't the only nation to use them), an Italian Bodeo, or a French Chamelot-Delvigne M1873 or Lebel M1892.

In a semi-auto, you're going to have a somewhat more difficult time finding something truly victorian, but you might at least be able to get the look you're searching for. While not cheap, a C-96 Mauser "Broomhandle", P-08 Luger, or Lahti L-35 might give you the look you seek. Other guns for consideration that may be a bit more reasonable include a TT-33 Tokarev (both Romanian and Polish versions are on the market currently) or a CZ-27.

Webley beat me to it,,,

It might be a bit more Steampunk than Goth,,,
But the 1892 8mm Lebel is a stylish handgun for the era.

07-margeaux.JPG

They are not particularly rare,,,
New ammo is available through Fiocchi,,,
Reloaded ammo (from 32.20 cartridges) is available.

I see them at gun-shows every now and then,,,
Ranging from $125.00 to $250.00.

I shoot mine regularly,,,
It's very solid and surprisingly accurate.

Aarond

Why not get a revolver from the 1850's, that is the Victorian period & there are a lot of replicas available for a reasonable price?

Colt 1860 ot a Remington 1858, all cap & ball & so relatively inexpensive & mailable as they aren't a "Modern gun" in many jurisdictions. You could get something off the wall like a LeMat but that would drive the cost up, or do a cartridge conversion for a distinctive look. Cabela's is having a sale on them right now even!

Here's an 1858 Remington with a 7 1/2" BBL, but shorter ones are available & some have brass frames for a different look.
DSCF7568.jpg

I think some people are confusing gothic, better known for the architectural style, with the more modern goth culture. To get exactly what shes looking for shes going to have to spend some good money getting custom engraving or grips or the like.

If she has 100k she could buy this colt:D. The SAA was right around the end of the victorian era, but that's as close as I could find to a victorian gothic style handgun. I mean she can obv go for a handgun from that era, but when I think BBQ gun I think fancy grips or engraving and all the bells and whistles, I don't picture a webley.

writin18.jpg

Last edited:
So, Gothic...or Goth?

If you are truely looking for GOTHIC, go with a Webley, Cap and Ball, or SSA....tricked out, of course.

Smith357 that is a sweet setup you posted there. To me you cant get more gothic in the world of handguns the something those damn nazis proof marked or just a Luger for that matter.

Web_baby_blkNic.jpg

I started a thread about these retro-mod, mob or steampunk type guns, but this might be the kind of thing she is looking for.

Back