GLOCKS - are they THAT good ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they are that good. I could write a dissertation on reliability, form following function, easy maintanece and every thing else great about Glocks. But when the S**T really hits the fan (ask any vet. cop, they'll tell you), do you really want to fumble with safety levers that you may have to change your grip to disengage? Do you want to worry that you know often this particular sidearm tends to jam or stovepipe if it hasnt been cleaned in a couple of days? No, to put it simply,when the time comes (hopefully never) you will panic, pull it out, and squeeze the trigger as hard as you can. I think what the Glock owners are trying to tell you is that we have every confidence that our gun will function. As for the plastic? You carry a REAL MAN'S full metal handgun with full duty leather gear for a double shift and I'll show you some real men with real back pain. If they don't they have what I call cruiser butt. I love Sig's, HK's, and even my first run PT99 from Brazil. But I will always bet Glock.

PS - I love Firing line and so does most of my department. Thanks Guys

So, if HKs are that good, why did "Gun Tests" pan the HK? They criticized it as overpriced in comparison to the Glock and only for those who have some sort of unnatural fixation on "cocked and locked."

50 rounds is hardly sufficient to test the accuracy or reliability of a pistol. Glocks are intended to be "idiot-proof," but someone will always figure out a way to get around that.

"at our club we've had 3 x 9mm & 2 x .45 Glocks sheer off their barrel lugs. It did take approx 150,000 rounds through each gun to do it but it still makes you wonder"

Goodness! You mean they broke after 150,000 rounds! What pieces of junk!

GLOCKs, SIGs, HKs...
All ONLY AS GOOD AS THE PERSON WHO WIELDS THEM...
THE "PERFECTION" IS HOW ONEs KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE COME INTO PLAY WHEN AND IF THE TIME COMES TO USE THAT WEAPON...
WHETHER IT BE THE GLOCK, SIG, OR HK...

FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU, TEST THE HELL OUT OF IT! AND CONTINUALLY STRIVE FOR "PERFECTION!"

------------------
SURE SHOT

If someone is familiar to an an Amphibious Glock, can you please discuss also about it. Just want to to know about it.

Thanks

I agree with James Montes. I carry and train with my HK USP Compact...and I bought a Glock 23C for the hell of it. No doubt Glock is a good weapon, but I'd rather face some goon with a Glock than a Marine with his pack shovel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back