GLOCK question on fully auto part

"So it turns a Glock into an open bolt SMG?"

Not really; the way the FSSG and similar Glock conversions work is by adding an angled plate onto the front of the backplate, that engages the rear part of the trigger bar as the slide moves forward into battery. Just as the barrel raises back into battery (the locked position, where it's safe to fire a shot), that angled plate pushes the rear of the trigger bar down just far enough to let the striker slip off of the trigger bar, firing a shot.

where can i get the switch?

Well.... I didn't ask if its legal or not in the us... all I asked is if someone knows where can I buy this kit or switch? I don't care to provide a non us address for shipping.

weptec: Since the conversion kit is illegal in the US hence it would be illegal to discuss the mechanism or buying/selling of the product from the very outset as TFL is an American forum.

Well you can buy it from Pakistan but I can't give you an exact focal point of contact.

LordofWar

Conversation re: buying/selling illegal items isn't, in and of itself, illegal in the USA (yet). It is, however, against forum policies. The end result is the same. ;)

That said, it is ABSOLUTELY not illegal to discuss the mechanism itself, and I have schematics for various forms of DIAS for G17/19/26 guns, varying in levels of sophistication, etc. Feel free to discuss the mechanism itself.

Dear lordofwar

Your comment is sooo low... Afghanistan? How do you know that it's possible to get it there? Are you a Pakistani who moved to the US? Or you just trailed to be funny??......
So what if its illegal in the US.....? Whets the big issue about writing and asking about it?.....
I guess the us has been always legal... .Everything is kosher in the us... ohhhhh especially the use of nuclear weapon... opsssssss i forgot.. We cannot talk about illegal stuff here.
All I asked is if someone know where can I get info on the kit. If you... Mr. lord of war don't know so don't even write any remark on it.
Any way people..... My friend is from Australia and he is looking to get a kit like that. I will appreciate any info.
thx

Man if he is in oz he cant get the GLOCK ....unless GLOCK has started making BP pistols. and WEP I would not mention you intintions to turn you glock into an auto because there are a few ATF members on this board:p

To answer the OP - the standard Glock 17 barrels will handle the full-auto fire just fine. There is no difference between a Glock 18 barrel and a Glock 17 barrel. You might consider putting a forward grip and a buttstock on it to make it more controlable, though.

I have no idea where you can get the parts to make the conversion. In the past, I've seen 80% kits and plans on how to make the add-on switch.

Since any device manufactured to convert a Glock 17 to full auto has to have been manufactured after 1986, it is impossible for anyone in the US who doesn't have a license to manufacture machineguns or to have dealer samples to own or use one of these devices. This is why folks here shy away from this discussion, if they think you might be here inside the US. If you were in the US, then your question is preceived as soliciting help and information from others to do something illegal. There are folks who jump on these boards from time to time trying to find out how to make illegal machineguns.

Also, and this is just my opinion, a Glock is a much more useful tool in semi-auto than in full-auto. There are other full-auto formats that are much better than Glock. Example - Mini UZI.

Last edited:
Man if he is in oz he cant get the GLOCK ....unless GLOCK has started making BP pistols. and WEP I would not mention you intintions to turn you glock into an auto because there are a few ATF members on this board

Uhm... glocks are perfectly legal here.

To the original poster:

There are a lot of companies that manufacture the part (back plate assembly) to turn any glock model into a full auto. I've shot G19, G20, G23s, and the original G18s. The G19/20/23 had sears in them to convert them full auto. Even for the 9mm glocks you will need a shoulder stock (at minimum) and perhaps a forward grip to control the fire in full auto.

The sears are neat because just like the G18 you can switch between full auto and semi automatic fire with just a flick of a knob.

Here are pictures of the back plate:
fullauto1.JPG

full_auto_switch.jpg

There was one German company that I knew of making them but a couple distributors. It looks like the original manufacture went out of busy after trying to find the link - but here was the website for one of the exporter/sellers.

http://www.kaehny.de/

mini3m3: The problem with lever kits is that you will have to rack the slide every time you select the mode of fire. Also it won't work after a few hundred rounds and cannot be repaired. Nothing like the FSSG switch.

weptec: If you're friend's in Aussie land he's getting you to do an illegal act as he cannot own a machine pistol in Australia.

Back