Glock Owners - What kind of mods have you done to your Glock?

Big Al

I'm just interested to see if I'm the only one who keeps trying to improve on "perfection". *dodging rotten vegetables*

So far, this is what my "once bone stock" finger-gripped Glock 19 has been put through -

(1)Enterprise rear ghost ring sight
(2)Hi-Viz fiber-optic front sight, large green
(3)Feed ramp mirror polished
(4)Takedown catch polished
(5)Slide release mirror polished
(6)Trigger bar/connector interface mirror polished
(7)Titanium striker w/extra power spring
(8)Titanium guide rod w/extra power spring
(9)A-Grip grip cover
(10)5 pre-ban 15 round factory mags, 2 mags w/Glock+2 extensions
(11)One Scherer 33 round mag, just in case
(12)One Glock sport/combat belt slide holster
(13)One Fobus paddle holster

I think a smooth trigger assembly is all I have left to do.

Am I going a little overboard? What have you done to your Glock?

AL

Geez...

All I've done to my 21C is get it dirty from shooting it. Oh, a friend gave me a wolf ss guide rod & spring, but that is it. Hits point of aim, goes bang every time I pull the trigger, not 1 malfunction and leaves a big hole! How could I improve on that?

On my older model M23 I have installed a Hogue handall grip, Meprolight night sights, exchanged the stock magazine release for a longer one from a M21, installed an 8 lbs New York trigger, and rubbed crayon into the engraved lettering on the slide to give the lettering a fluorescent color effect. Nothing pretty, just a work handgun. :D

My first Glock...

...a G23, was the recipient of every doodad and gizmo I could lay hands on. I was a poster child for Aro-Tek.

Nowadays, I throw Agrip on the things and that's about it. :D

I've found all my Glocks need is an AGRIP. I have also added an extended slide release to all of them, but I really think I could live without them. A 9 round magazine
is a good addition to the G30.

Uh, Bar-Sto barrel for shooting lead bullets, like as in about 12,000 a year. Nothing else. You need to do more shooting, and quit messing up your weapon. 'takedown catch polished'? why? and it's a slide stop, NOT a slide release, like a 1911, you use it like one, and sooner than later, it will not lock open on an empty mag. Factory Glock plus 2 floorplates are crap!@ there is no retainer hole to pin into, thats why they don't work, just wait until you experience a speed unload.... I am not flaming or throwing stones, or empty cases, in fact, do not believe me at all, just zoom out to your nearest IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challenge, or NRA action pistol match, check it out for yourself....

Glock parts replacement

In 12 years, I have replaced only 3 broken trigger springs. The gun came with a factory 3.5 lb trigger pull.

G26

Had the backstrap straightened. Bugged me that a IDPA qualifier left me with a semi-permanant red button in the palm of my hand.

Had the NY trigger installed. (long story)

Put a set of Trijicons on.

Many k's, nothing else needed....

Giz

Well--

Here's what I do for what I call a Glock upgrade.

Install night sites,stainless guide tube with spring to match caliber,extended slide stop,extended mag release, plug, polish.

Everybody is happy.

stock

Mine is a newer Glock 22 with the molded finger grooves and accessory rail. No modification nessecary. :)

All I have done to my Glock 17 is replace the factory adjustable sights with some fixed Meprolights. I am a firm adherent to the KISS school of thought.

G19 & G21 for me

I had 3.5# trigger disconnects installed in each of them. Other than that, they are out-of-the-box.

The only other thing I've considered adding is night sights for my G19 since it's my carry piece.

Will only comment on a G34 set-up for IDPA, etc. Polish and surface true OEM stamped guts, striker, etc., trigger job {4 1/2 lb.} [as close to SA as can get on a Glock], Toss 3.5 connector for OEM 5 lb., 4 lb. Wolff striker spring, 45* crown, polish bore, chamber, feed ramp and breechface, radius feed ramp/chamber lip, Novak's all black rear "Carry" sights with white-dot front. Elderton Custom/KY-TAC Point.5 holster & mag pouches.

All four of mine are set up the same:

Genuine Glock 3.5 pound connectors.
Internal polish by me.
Genuine Glock standard trigger spring.

Genuine Glock extened slide release (it is for ME :D).

PT night sights, 3 dots.

Mass quantities of full capacity mags.

A carbine that accepts all the above magazines.

At this point, Meprolight night sights are the only mod I have done...

Looking into a

- stainless captured recoil assembly, just so I can use a hex wrench to change springs if need be...

- full size trigger and bar for the "smooth" trigger

- 357 SIG bbl for my G27, maaaybe

Night sights on 2 out of 3. Aftermarket recoil rod and spring on 1 because of range ammo cycling problems. Titanium strikers on 2 and a lightened steel striker on the third because I like the trigger feel much better using them.

Let's see, I bought my G21 used and it came with:
Trijicon night sights
3.5 lb connector
polished ramp
smooth trigger

I just need some pre-ban hi caps now.

Back