Glock frame crack

My Glock 22 developed a crack in the frame by the pin that holds the locking block. I emailed Glock, they told me to send the gun to them FedEx. A week or so later my 2nd generation frame was replaced with a 3rd generation frame and back in my hands, dropped off by FedEx. No charge to me, other than the initial shipping.

This is in Colorado, but it was way before our stupid current batch of laws.

That is kind of poor that they want you to pay shipping back, I know a few companies will send you a tag and pay shipping on there dime but what option do you really have? I would hope a crack in the frame would be covered. How about a picture of the crack? I would like to see it.:confused:

Update: I called Glock and they told me I needed to fill out their warranty form and send them the gun on my dime just to determine if it is under warranty. They also advised me not to shoot it anymore. I explained to them that it just cracked with no foul play and they said most likely it isn't covered.

Did they give you a reason why? I don't see why something like a cracked frame would not be covered by warranty. That is as long as you are the first owner. I believe I read somewhere that their warranty does not cover past the first owner.

Glock's policy has always been replace or repair a defective product regardless of how old or how many owners.

You either mis understood the CS rep or their policy has changed for the worst.
My main reason for owning Glock's has been their excellent warranty. If that doesn't apply anymore I have a few pistols for sale.

If a company that is (apparently) so great can't replace a part that malfunctioned due to a problem on their end for free, I don't think that's so great. But hey, that's just me.

"Glock Perfection"

greyeyezz said:
I would be informing that CS rep of my contact with an attorney,

A lawyer?:rolleyes:

Glock officially has a one year warranty that specifically applies if the original purchaser activates it within 30 days of the purchase.

Anything they may or may not have done in other cases does not effect their ability to enforce that warranty in the future.

Should they? Yeah, I think so.

Blowing hot air at them isn't going to be helpful though.

Anything they may or may not have done in other cases does not effect their ability to enforce that warranty in the future.

So, we used to extend our one year warranty for the life of the pistol, but not anymore? Gotcha.

So, we used to extend our one year warranty for the life of the pistol, but not anymore? Gotcha.

They are free to extend the warranty (or not) as they see fit.

Act like an azz, get treated like an azz! ;)

Update: I emailed them again explaining that I was disappointed with what they had told me to do and that it wasn't covered. I told them they should atleast cover the shipping. They completely ignored me. I haven't gotten a phone all or email back. Glock used to be my absolute favorite firearm company. It is not anymore. I am being treated like a lying crook over a 100.00 frame and a shopping charge. I am going to send this gun to them, pay to get it repaired, but only to sell it honestly to the next guy to buy a XD or a M&P.

Well it may take more that a day or two for them to get to your e-mail. I think you should just slow down a little bit and I'm sure they will get back to you (they may even be looking for the CS rep that told you what they said the first time). If not then just get it fixed and move on, plenty of gun makers out there to support if Glocks customer service is slipping. Plus I still havent seen a picture of the crack so........:confused:

Mosin-Marauder said:
Buy a gun that shouldn't break,but does. Get screwed. I guess this is like the whole "Don't build a House on sand" thing when you could build on rock.

All manufacturers of every man-made object in the history of history have made objects that fail. It's completely asinine to write off a company or complain about the quality of their entire product line because of a single bad sample. I doubt Glock makes the most reliable handguns ever made, maybe they do, maybe they don't, but they're going to make some that go bad no matter whether they are the best or not.

I can't believe how caught up people get in the "Glock Perfection" thing. It called marketing. Every company does it. Every company makes the best of whatever it is that they make, if you ask them. To get so stuck on marketing is inexplicable. It's marketing. Of course it's not true or correct. Of course it's biased. That's what marketing is.

greyeyezz said:

So, yeah, a company gives a tremendous grace period for no reason whatsoever, that you've done nothing whatsoever to earn, that is far in excess of their explicitly stated one-year only warranty in all their literature but they extend it simply by their own prerogative and only for good will and when it ends... they're evil. Gotcha.

All manufacturers of every man-made object in the history of history have made objects that fail. It's completely asinine to write off a company or complain about the quality of their entire product line because of a single bad sample.
But it's not asinine to worship the same company simply because it can fire off a bunch of rounds and not be cleaned? The Mini-14 does that an all the AR Fanboys despise it and come out of the woodwork when they see a thread like that. Simply proving a point.

Then your previous post about it being asinine to worship the company has no context within this thread? I don't know why you'd bring up the fan-boys unless you thought it applied to this thread. I don't know what point you were proving, otherwise.

As soon as someone mentions "I'm contacting/have contacted my attorney" at our company, we no longer are allowed to deal with them in any way; all further correspondence will have to go through, and come from, our legal department. (Yep, surprise, we have lawyers too!)

It often takes the wind out of the sails of people who like to 'attorney intimidate' at the slightest provocation, and it can get pretty funny when folks actually start to explain they didn't REALLY talk to a lawyer, and can't afford one, and could I PLEASE continue to work with them on their issue.

"Sorry, contact our legal department for all matters involving on-going litigation..."

Larry

DT Guy said:
As soon as someone mentions "I'm contacting/have contacted my attorney" at our company, we no longer are allowed to deal with them in any way; all further correspondence will have to go through, and come from, our legal department. (Yep, surprise, we have lawyers too!)

That's my standard procedure. Yes, people will threaten to sue over pizza. As soon as they mention suing or lawyers, I tell them "If that's the case, this conversation is over. My lawyer is Fran at XYZ Law. You may have your lawyer contact him." If they're actually in the shop, I tell them they may now leave and if they do not they are trespassing and the police will be called.

It's amazing how fast they get out the door... after they pick their jaw up off the floor.

One lady threatened to sue me because "it's the law that you have to honor quotes given over the phone." (Yeah right, how would you ever prove I even gave you a quote) and another threatened to sue me because the bottom of the box says 24"x18" and the pizza didn't make those dimensions.:rolleyes:

In any case, you can't sue someone for enforcing their long-standing, printed warranty. (or you can't win, you can sue for anything)

It is so passé, really....but in this case it really applies.

This thread is worthless without pics.

Really.

Back