Gas vs. Inertia

i have shot all the action types posted about and found then ok with in the scope of their use. I fun shoot them all, but for clay games its browning single shot(BT-100 singles trap) and browning over unders for the rest. I some times run 1100-1187,s and a few double barrels some times. I don,t degrade any one choices, use what works for you and enjoy the ride. for lenth of shooting with out a lot of time at cleaning a good o/u is hard to beat. I have been shooting my BT-100(singles trap) for over 9 years and over 50,000 shells with out one cent in repairs and to clean it after 2-3 hundred rounds is double pull thru,s with a bore snake, one with a good powder solvent and and the second with a good lube and done in 2-3 minutes.

Last edited:
A good double is hard to beat but would you risk dropping it in the lake, pond or other water source when duck hunting. Not me. That's why the Browning Citori stays on dry land.
Now if Browning made a more inexpensive over/under with synthetic stock that didn't break the bank i could have easily saw myself buying it.

I have never taken my o/u,s duck hunting, but not for fear of dunking them in the water, it,s reloading that's a PIA with the break action. I run my 1100-1187,s for that type of hunting.

Congrats on the new Mossberg OP! My field gun is still the first all around use shotgun that I bought, probably in the early 90's. It's a Benelli Super 90 Field 12 gauge. It's really been a great gun and one that just fits right to me so I understand the "feel" has to be good and it has to fit you properly.

507166-2.jpg

Back