Gangsta Style?

While shooting a gun by holding it sideways is not the first, the best and preferred metheod, you probably never been in a gun fight or never really thought about all the scenerios that could happen in a gun fight where you may just have to hold your gun sideways because of your body position, to keep a low profile or needing to use your weak hand.
Holding you gun in that perfect weaver stance and grip or whatever may look good on paper or in a competition, but in the heat of a real battle, you may just not be able to get in that perfect stance with that perfect grip nor even be able to use your sights to aim.

Holding your gun sideways while behind a ballistic shield is a common practice as shown here.
swat0of.jpg

While shooting a gun by holding it sideways is not the first, the best and preferred metheod, you probably never been in a gun fight or never really thought about all the scenerios that could happen in a gun fight where you may just have to hold your gun sideways because of your body position, to keep a low profile or needing to use your weak hand.
Holding you gun in that perfect weaver stance and grip or whatever may look good on paper or in a competition, but in the heat of a real battle, you may just not be able to get in that perfect stance with that perfect grip nor even be able to use your sights to aim.

Exactly.

HQ, I'm looking forward to our match:)

BWO, I agree with what you have posted also

But it is still not the gangsta style, we see in the movies and yes we can cant, and we can shoot upside down if need be. But it is like walking, or running, the form is what helps win the race. Easyist on the body.

One of the reasons the 45 Govt model is hard to handle is the wrong twist until you spend many hours of training.:D

HQ

haha...just saw this thread and had to post about my range experience last night. I was there, plinking the 100 yd indoor target when this rough looking guy and his skanky girlfriend set up next to me with his .45. While I was loading some stripper clips, I overheard him tell his girlfriend to "hold it like 'dis too keep it from jammin' up..." lol, he had the gun at damn near horizontal. Then, after he loaded up, he moved to target out to, oh, about 4 feet, and just started spraying lead. At first I thought he was just trying to show off, but he did this for about 100rds! He never moved it out more than a yd. It was hilarious. I have never seen someone go to a pistol range to target practice at point blank range. What was even funnier, was that his tiny little girlfriend shot all 8's. 9's and 10's. We were all looking at that silly target the whole time trying to hold back the laughter. This dude looked like he had been around. The only thing he said to me and my SKS was, "Yo, I didn't know they made wooden Tec-9's. That's old school."

When shooting weak-hand-only, it can sometimes help to cant the gun slightly so your dominant eye can get a decent sight picture. Canting does not make the holding position turn into "gangsta" style. It is only slight.

Correct!

Harley Quinn said:
But it is still not the gangsta style, we see in the movies and yes we can cant, and we can shoot upside down if need be. But it is like walking, or running, the form is what helps win the race. Easyist on the body.
There, now the thread is back to some threshold of sanity.

Gangsta style is when someone holds the gun at a 90 degree cant, and tilts their wrist forward at an angle as well (holding the gun above eye level and to the side) for NO REASON. Not because they need to but because it's a "style". The style of the gangstas. Bust a cap, yo.

What Blackwater is talking about is not gangsta style at all, but a method of shooting that came about due to necessity in certain combat conditions.

So, we're closer to agreement. :)

Sideways, huh?

:rolleyes: He's that same Private in the Army who went to the 1SG and asked where he could find a Prick E-8. And the next day went to supply to sign out a box of grid squares.

Back