G43X and G48 are out

I think these pistols are a long time coming for Glock, however, I have no personal interest. My G42 and G43 with plus one magazine extensions fit my hand perfectly, and even though more rounds is a plus with the G43X and G48, I prefer the size of sub-compacts for daily carry.

Hopefully, they will eventually market G42s and G43s with similar slides.

I want a G43X ish gun, chambered in 45 GAP. Just to make more of the Grip angle folks lose their minds and the Glock fans to cheer!

I'm such a kidder but it might be a fun gun.

So a glock 48 is a glock 19 the same width as the 43, and the 43X is the 43 short frame with the grip of the 48?

I like the mix and match concepts. I always wanted to build a glock 27 with the grip length of the 23.

It seems like these two models are focused on magazine restricted areas and shootability and not necessarily absolute concealability.

I see it as more of filling the market niche for someone that wants a full-grip gun (in the popular Glock 19 size) that is slimmer and easier to carry and conceal than double-stack pistols.

At one time, similar sized single-stack pistols were quite popular (Walther P38 & P5, SIG P6/P225, HK P7, Commander-sized 1911s, etc. The 10-round capacity of the new Glocks is quite favorable compared to these earlier pistols.

I see it as more of filling the market niche for someone that wants a full-grip gun (in the popular Glock 19 size) that is slimmer and easier to carry and conceal than double-stack pistols.

At one time, similar sized single-stack pistols were quite popular (Walther P38 & P5, SIG P6/P225, HK P7, Commander-sized 1911s, etc. The 10-round capacity of the new Glocks is quite favorable compared to these earlier pistols.
The parallels between these pistols and those old pistols really are interesting.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Back