G43X and G48 are out

this is where Glock should have gone with the .45acp. the G36 isn't [in my opinion] designed properly because it relies on the magazine base to complete the grip instead of simply completing the grip and using a flush fit magazine.

It is not a competitor to p365 and not a possibility until glock goes to metal magazines

It seems like these two models are focused on magazine restricted areas and shootability and not necessarily absolute concealability. It will do well in those areas, however magazine incompatibility to G43 is a major oversight. Some G43 owners will undoubtedly feel betrayed and ask themselves is the lack of oem G43 extended mags an issue of reliability or glock’s greed because the pair of G43X/48 was already in development

I think it fills a niche in states with magazine restrictions.

The slimmer grip with 10 rounds could appeal to a lot of people in capacity-restricted states. I imagine some folks would prefer the slightly longer grip as it will help with felt recoil.

Additionally, the front slide serrations could stand out.

Personally, I'll take a p365 with the 12 round extension over the 43x

this is where Glock should have gone with the .45acp. the G36 isn't [in my opinion] designed properly because it relies on the magazine base to complete the grip instead of simply completing the grip and using a flush fit magazine.

Today's market for sub-compact .45 pistols is negligible in comparison to 9mm.

Never had any issue with plastic mags...like ever.
How’s the Sig 365 magazine intercompatibility with other Sig models?

Never had any issue with plastic mags...like ever.

How’s the Sig 365 magazine intercompatibility with other Sig models?
Well SIG doesn't have multiple versions of the P365. I think the gripe here is why couldn't the 43 use the 43X magazines? A Glock 19 can use Glock 19X magazines. It seems that the frame differences are enough that 43X magazines won't insert into a 43 frame. Maybe that's just the way it had to be, but it would have been nice to have that option.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I’m buying both once the inevitable teething problems are ironed out. I always asked for a single stack G19 and a G43 with a slightly longer grip. Close enough, these two.

The G48 has me interested, which is a first for Glock. Normally I see their new guns and just see a company that's a one trick pony, but the G48 is unique enough that I'm paying attention. Usually when a company makes a slim 9mm they have this odd reason to chop the barrel down to 3 inches, but Glock is coming in and saying "No need to do that."

It's not that I feel a 4+ inch barrel is necessary for velocity, it's for the sights radius. I'm not hip to putting red dots on concealed pistols, adds to the size, weight, potential printing, etc, so I rely on standard sights to do any shooting. The longer the sights are for me, the better I shoot.

Whether the barrel is 3 or 4 inches, I'm not pocket carrying a 9mm, they're just too big for that. If it's going to be on the hip or in a shoulder holster, barrel length is irrelevant to me.

I'd say my biggest issue is that it's too thick. For a few millimeters more in width, I could carry a G19 with 15 rds.

Well SIG doesn't have multiple versions of the P365. I think the gripe here is why couldn't the 43 use the 43X magazines? A Glock 19 can use Glock 19X magazines. It seems that the frame differences are enough that 43X magazines won't insert into a 43 frame. Maybe that's just the way it had to be, but it would have been nice to have that option.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I agree but have a -43? Buy a lower and make a -43x..or even a -48..pretty neat, IMHO.

I agree but have a -43? Buy a lower and make a -43x..or even a -48..pretty neat, IMHO.

Yeaaa about that...that frame is gonna cost ya.

On a side note, the just announced mossberg MC1 takes g43 mags it will be interesting to see if mossberg can make an extended oem mag. If they succeed it would really eat into the G43X. You will have G43 owners buy mossberg extended mags...that would be a doozy

Last edited:
The G48 has me interested, which is a first for Glock. Normally I see their new guns and just see a company that's a one trick pony, but the G48 is unique enough that I'm paying attention. Usually when a company makes a slim 9mm they have this odd reason to chop the barrel down to 3 inches, but Glock is coming in and saying "No need to do that."

It's not that I feel a 4+ inch barrel is necessary for velocity, it's for the sights radius. I'm not hip to putting red dots on concealed pistols, adds to the size, weight, potential printing, etc, so I rely on standard sights to do any shooting. The longer the sights are for me, the better I shoot.

Whether the barrel is 3 or 4 inches, I'm not pocket carrying a 9mm, they're just too big for that. If it's going to be on the hip or in a shoulder holster, barrel length is irrelevant to me.

I'd say my biggest issue is that it's too thick. For a few millimeters more in width, I could carry a G19 with 15 rds.
I always thought Springfield's XD-S 4.0 was a pretty good design. That was basically this G48, only with a shorter grip (but available extended magazines). Guessing it wasn't popular because they axed it from the lineup, but it was a very good shooter.

Maybe Sig will make a P365X, with the same dimensions as this new Glock, but with 16 round capacity :)

transfer fees and higher cost because these new frames are less available...I’m guessing around 150-200 when all settled

Or we wait for mossberg to come out with 10rd mag, stick it in G43 call it a day. There’s a good chance ...the reason they put “sc” in “MC1sc” most likely a full size is in the works

Back