Fully Auto SMG for Car

• MP5K by H&K

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • UZI by IMI

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OneShotOnly!

I seek opinion from those who have knowledge of the SMG weapons, and perhaps have been invovled in military one way or other.

Since its legal where I live, I want to buy an SMG for protection and to be used in the car.

The most popular choices avialable to me are H&K MP5K with controlled brust option of 3 brust, and UZI by IMI.

Thank you.

Bad idea. Hard enough to control a handgun with one hand, but if you're driving, a heavy, full auto SMG is going to be a bad move. Get a decent high capacity handgun, like a CZ SPO1 with 19 round mag, and move on.
Now, if you are in an RV, and NOT driving, or passenger in a car, what you might like is a select fire weapon, but why? Over penetration is a definte through thin RV walls, and once again, harder to control under full auto. A good sidearm, (shotgun, or compact semi auto rifle in an RV, if you must), will serve you better, and leave some of the far reaching legal effects of full auto use for someone else to worry about.
This is movie thinking, and thinking like a movie will get you like the reviews - cold and hard.

withen the perameters of your question, the MP5K would be the better...the UZi while compact doesnt have the best ergonomics and weighs as much as a M1 Garand. If getting the MP5K...I would opt for the so called MP5K-PDW
variant which has a polymer side folding stock..(greatly increases its utility)

amoredman, I think oneshot only isnt subject to american firearms law(lives elsewhere on planet) If I remember correctly.

MP5K is well balanced and can esaily be fired with one hand- not that one will only fire it with hand, but just in case. UZI on the other hand is little heavier.

The compact MP5 would probably be a little better than an Uzi for the reasons already stated.

I guess the micro-Uzi and its weird relatives may be a better car gun than a standard Uzi, but the cyclic rate is so high that they are tough to use well. The whole magazine is gone in the bilink of an eye... giving you a kind of shotgun effect.

How about a very short, semi-auto, pistol-grip shotgun? I think the technical term is "whippit gun".:)

I had to stop in to see if this thread was for real :eek:
Are you kidding? I don't see anything wrong with owning a SMG for grins and giggles, if you're willing to fork over the dough for one, but do you really need one in your car? Unless you are being hunted by the mafia or something I would say just get a good handgun. If you really feel the urge, you could get a decent semi auto carbine to put in the back or in the trunk. At that, you could get a carbine and a pistol for less than the price of a SMG.

Jason

**Edit: I didn't realize you were in Pakistan, on your location it just says "Next door". I don't know what it is like in Pakistan, and what dangers you encounter being a lawyer there, so my post may not be too useful. I guess you know your situation better than I do.

Last edited:
He's in Pakistan, Wild, and a lawyer as well.

Perhaps a few Pakistani folks feel the same way about lawyers as many Americans do... hence, the SMG for car duty.:D

I'm sure you didn't mean it like this but, just to let you know, "Paki" is the British racist-slang word for our middle-eastern friends.

There sure are a lot of crazy ways to say the wrong thing aren't there?:)

Last edited:
So you're in Pakistan OneShot? Just curious what the gun laws are like there.
How easy or difficult is it to legally purchase an MP5 or UZI, and for how much?
Just curiuos...

The MP5K would probably be a good choice; but any subgun would probably not be my FIRST go-to gun for the car. I would probably keep the subgun handy, and use a good hi-cap semi handgun as the first response.

Now, the regular MP5 is short and handy enough to swing easily and to control if you need to. Have about 10 mags (if you want) connected in tandem, loaded with the ammo of your choice.

If you can, I probably would fit it with a can, too. Gemtech makes a good can for the MP5, works really well.

Oldbillthuundershief... thank you.

Armoredman....its ok not many know about the "paki" thing.

Cosmolinelover,
There are two ways to own guns in Pakistan. Legall and illegally. Illgeally you can own anything, even 12.7mm belt fed stripped off guns from Russian tanks.

Now Legally you can also own anything! The is a procedure, and defination of licenses, namely two. Prohibited bore licenses(PB) and Non Prohibited bore (NPB) licenses. For PB you have need to get a direct recomendation from the President or the Prime minister, amd for NPB you just pay the fee, and the license is issued within a month.

MP5 (and other fully auto weapons, among lots of bores) fall under the prohibited bore category. So I will put it on the PB license.

UZI is a whole different story. Since Pakistan and Isreal have import/export bans on each other you cannot legally own an Isreali made weapon. So what people is get the "Isreali Military Industries" rubbed off and replace it with something else or leave blank and when it comes to putting it on license they write foriegn made or US made.

COST: UZI about 6000-12000$ depending on what size and condition. You will hardly find a new one.

MP5 Pakistani made: 2500$ if bought outside the Pakistan Ordinance Facotry. Otherwise if you also have permit to buy it from the facotry (permission to be granted by the president) then it will cost around 500$.

MP5 Iranian: about 1700$

MP5 HK German: about 3000$

MP5K (German) anywhere between 5000-10000 depending on exact model, condition and silencer (need to mention silencered guns are PROHIBTED and no license for that)

Pakistan Ordinance Factory also make MP5K but its not found outside the factory. Its equally as good as the German since they are built for the army, under HK license, plus they are built tougher since the use is in more unplesent train.

Hope this answers your question.

On a sperate note: American and Pakistan people probably have the same feelings about the lawyers, I can say that with experience since I was in the US for 11 years and got my law degree from University of Denver.

hk 33 k. (5.56 mm NATO).

hey, if you're gonna hide something as big as an MP5 in a car, for the same amount of bulk why not go up on the cartridge?

Back