Freedom MUNITIONS Pricing

^^
That’s what I was getting at with hoarding. If there’s an abundance of something and someone chooses to hoard, then have at it. Put an unknown into the equation, like a pandemic or riots, then things start to become scarce and people still want to hoard. There’s definitely a psychological component to this. I think it’s wanting to have control over your situation. I stocked up on tp when the pandemic started but it was never truly out of stock except maybe at big box stores. Likewise with ammo, you can still get it but you’ll be hard pressed to find it at a LGS. For my needs I’m fully stocked on ammo, but there’s always that feeling of whether or not I have enough. Having enough of something is subjective as well. Do I have enough if we saw a complete breakdown in society? Or do I have enough for short term unrest? Don’t know and don’t really want to find out

I'd not like to see things come to mandatory rationing, but when BiMart puts a temporary limit on their ammo sales to give all their customers a better chance to get some, I think that's a good thing. I can't recall that I have ever bought a thousand rounds at once of any ammo, even 22LR. Just buying a couple of boxes now and again long before you run out means you will never run out.

Who could have ever predicted that there would be such a panic to hoard mere toilet paper, of all things? I would have guessed a lot of other things before that.

I can't recall that I have ever bought a thousand rounds at once of any ammo, even 22LR. Just buying a couple of boxes now and again long before you run out means you will never run out.

1,000 rounds of .22LR is only two bricks. For decades I shopped Bi-mart for .22 ammo their monthly coupon book always had a coupon for .22LR, usually $1 off the regular price PER BRICK, LIMIT 2. You weren't limited to how much you could buy, the limit was on the discount price.

So every month I would buy 2 bricks at the discount price, when I started they were $7 and when I stopped they price was $10. The reason I stopped wasn't anything related to the price or the ammo, it was because a job change meant Bi-mart was now a 40mi round trip in a direction I no longer normally went.

For decades I bought a bit more than I needed on all my ammo/components, and just saved the rest. It keeps, you know...;)

Back