Four deputies refuse to make entry into school

manta what you can tell by how a person reacts to a situation like this is whether they responded appropriately or not. How you or I would have reacted is not the issue here. Peterson failed to do the job he was trained and hired to do. You, or he can make excuses but it does not change the fact that had he engaged the shooter he could have saved lives.

I am not making excuses i just like know the full facts ( after a injury ) before calling out the lynch mob. As for training was he trained for that type of situation. ?

manta49 said:
The reason the Medals of Honor are awarded to few people is because few people are that brave. Plenty can talk the talk, but i will take them seriously when they are in that situation, and i see how they reacted.
How brave is "that" brave?

The Congressional Medal of Honor isn't awarded for doing your duty -- which in time of war is facing enemy fire -- it is awarded to a recipient who has "distinguished himself conspicuously by gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty."

Peterson's duty was to protect the kids in that building. Doing his job by entering and engaging the shooter would not have been Medal of Honor level action.

How brave is "that" brave?

The Congressional Medal of Honor isn't awarded for doing your duty -- which in time of war is facing enemy fire -- it is awarded to a recipient who has "distinguished himself conspicuously by gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty."

Peterson's duty was to protect the kids in that building. Doing his job by entering and engaging the shooter would not have been Medal of Honor level action.

True that's why i did not bring up the medal of honor in the debate, but replied to a earlier post. They are police not soldiers and have different rolls and training.

rickyrick I wouldn’t feel good about myself if I had made the same choice... no matter what my employer’s policy was.
There’s a reason why we give Medals of Honor, it’s not for reacting like average people in tough situations.

I didnt read any after p1. That whole Fl shooting is a real rats nest and a major reason we need guns., what the 2A is for.

It is Medal of Honor--no CONGRESS...

Back