For those who own more than one 32acp pistol

I don't really "trust" 32acp for SD, but my P32 would make a good carry piece other than that.

I really like shooting 32acp pistols, though.

My Colt 1903 is amazing, as is my Beretta 81. I really like my old Hungarian FEG PP copy. My 1915-16 Mauser is quirky and a hoot. My Beretta Model 100 is amazingly accurate (yeah, 6" barrel and adjustable sights). They are rare, but my Taurus PT132 (I think that's the model number) is a real service pistol similar to the modern G2c.

Let’s see, .32 ACP: Colt 1903, Beretta 81, Star SI (six each), 1934 Mauser, 1935 Beretta, 1907 Savage, Llama mod. I (4 ea)......that is off of the top of my pointy little skull....

One Nazi PPK
One Nazi Era PP
One Post war Police PPK
One Interarms stainless PPK
One post war PP
One Seecamp
One NAA Guardian
One Colt 1903

I, perhaps, have too many .32’s. I actually bought the stainless PPK for when I’m old (er) and, shooting everything else I own hurts my hand. A pocket .32 is infinitely better than being unarmed. And, the stainless PPK’s in .32 are really hard to find. So, I got one when I found one.

The Nazi era PP is not really a shooter.

Attachments

• 15FE89D5-ECD2-4E65-A04B-70AB16D18D2B.jpeg
    15FE89D5-ECD2-4E65-A04B-70AB16D18D2B.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 23
One Colt 1903, born in 1915 per the serial number.
One Walther/Manurhin PPK/s hybrid (Walther PPK slide, Manurhin PP frame), known as my "Wall Manure."

One Walther/Manurhin PPK/s hybrid (Walther PPK slide, Manurhin PP frame), known as my "Wall Manure."

Interestingly the Mauser HSc was very similar to the PPK/S design and may have served as the inspiration for that evolution.

standard.jpg

The Mauser HSc had a longer grip than the PPK and shorter overall length than either the PP or PPK.

standard.jpg

Like the Walthers it also had the swipe UP for "Fire" mode safety. The safety though did not also drop the hammer; instead it tilted the firing pin up above where the hammer would strike and you pulled the trigger to drop the hammer with a live round in the chamber. It works but boy does it just feel so wrong doing it.

I only have one .32 ACP, but I plan to buy others and I think this will be the next one:

th

Not a carry gun, not a target gun, just something so different, but due to the low recoil is very shootable.

A couple of the more exotic ones I have:

Benelli B77
6z02bGIh.jpg

Great accuracy and shootability but I have to be careful to not get hammer bite.

HK P7K3
Vzt5Rpyh.jpg

Maybe my favorite 32acp to shoot. So soft and ergonomic.

I've got a CZ 70 and a recently acquired Beretta 81.

The Beretta is, by far, the better handgun. The CZ 70 is reliable, but the trigger pull is horrendous and it's sharp edges everywhere.

But, it has better sights than the Beretta.

I used to have, many years ago, a Mauser HSc. I so wanted to love that gun but it was very unreliable. Got rid of it.

I've got a CZ 70 and a recently acquired Beretta 81.

The Beretta is, by far, the better handgun. The CZ 70 is reliable, but the trigger pull is horrendous and it's sharp edges everywhere.

But, it has better sights than the Beretta.

I used to have, many years ago, a Mauser HSc. I so wanted to love that gun but it was very unreliable. Got rid of it.
Mike, was it a 380 HSc or maybe one of the Interarms ones?

My experience with my Mauser built HSc has been that it is utterly reliable. But that's also been true of my Walthers and JP Sauers once I replaced the spring for the cocker/decocker on one.

Nope, WW II Nazi manufacture in 7.65.

My guess is that that the root of all evil was the magazines. Some years after I got rid of it I read in American Rifleman about one that was having similar malfunctions and the owner swapped magazine springs with one from one of his PPK magazines and it solve the problem.

Nope, WW II Nazi manufacture in 7.65.

My guess is that that the root of all evil was the magazines. Some years after I got rid of it I read in American Rifleman about one that was having similar malfunctions and the owner swapped magazine springs with one from one of his PPK magazines and it solve the problem.
Why I always tend to replace springs first.

Let’s see, I had fifteen .32 ACP in the post above but forgot a CZ 50, CZ 70 and Zastava 70 ( a really neat little pistol if you like to shoot .32’s) now up to eighteen of the little buggers. Yes I like pistols in .32 ACP.
Nineteen and twenty...Walther PP and Walther PPK ( first year of issue).

Last edited:
Those surplus Berettas are the cat's meow. If you ever even thought about buying a 32acp handgun, you should get one of those Model 81's while they are still $200. That's an absolute steal for such a high-quality pistol.

Back