For those who own more than one 32acp pistol

jar

There have been several threads lately revolving around the old 32acp cartridge and so I wondered how those of you good folk that have more than one such pistol would rank the different models?

I'll admit up front that I like and have long carried a 32acp as a primary and to owning quite a few over the decades. Most of mine though are the more experienced ones that are generally a half century or more old but there are also several relatively new models.

I usually break them down into three categories, the somewhat full size ones, mid-size and the smaller true pocketable ones.

Full size for me would be the Beretta Model 81s, Savage 1907s, Mauser 1914s (mostly because it has too many things to get caught) and Colt 1903s.

The mid-size group are my CZ 50, Walther PP, Ortgies, JP Sauer 38h, Beretta 1935 and Model 70 and Bernardelli (either hammer fired or striker).

The pocketable ones are my Beretta Tomcat, Mauser HSc and Walther Model 4.

Historically almost all were considered as "Pocket Pistols" but clothing has changed.

From each group I find that the Colt 1903s, JP Sauer 38s and the Mauser HSc tend to get out for WalkAbout more than their fair share.

But what do others experience?

There have been several threads lately revolving around the old 32acp cartridge and so I wondered how those of you good folk that have more than one such pistol would rank the different models?

I'll admit up front that I like and have long carried a 32acp as a primary and to owning quite a few over the decades. Most of mine though are the more experienced ones that are generally a half century or more old but there are also several relatively new models.

I usually break them down into three categories, the somewhat full size ones, mid-size and the smaller true pocketable ones.

Full size for me would be the Beretta Model 81s, Savage 1907s, Mauser 1914s (mostly because it has too many things to get caught) and Colt 1903s.

The mid-size group are my CZ 50, Walther PP, Ortgies, JP Sauer 38h, Beretta 1935 and Model 70 and Bernardelli (either hammer fired or striker).

Historically almost all were considered as "Pocket Pistols" but clothing has changed.

From each group I find that the Colt 1903s, JP Sauer 38s and the Mauser HSc tend to get out for WalkAbout more than their fair share.

But what do others experience?
That's quite a collection of .32s jar!....I have a Walther PP my uncle, a Merchant Seaman, brought home from the war.

I like the pistol but have never shot it. Something about those small 32s and 25s though. I am seriously thinking about a Beretta 21 Bobcat in 22lr. Don't know about the reliability though.

I like the pistol but have never shot it. Something about those small 32s and 25s though. I am seriously thinking about a Beretta 21 Bobcat in 22lr. Don't know about the reliability though.
JJ45 is offline Report Post

I have a Bobcat. It's accurate as hell and reliable like you wouldn't believe... until you fire 200 rounds. At that point, it is a jam o matic.

If clean, I'd trust my life to it... if dirty, I'd consider it a blunt object.

I have 5 Keltec P32s (I think), a Browning 1910, a Beretta 3032 Tomcat, an NAA Guardian, and a complete .32 conversion for my Star .380.

I haven't found a .32 S&W long revolver at my price, yet.

I carry a P32 fairly often. I also have a Beretta model 81 and a Colt 1903 that are range guns. I've been looking hard at the NAA Guardian.

Out of all the .32 ACP pocket pistols in my collection, I find I carry DA/SA models the most. These would be my Mauser HSc, CZ 50, MKE PP clone or my Walam 48 made by FEG.
Gary

I've owned Seecamp,Walther PP, CZ83, Beretta 81, but my favorite has been the Sig P230. It is just the perfect size for me, natural pointing and accurate.
The Beretta is a close second. Wish it had better sights.
I really enjoy my .32s.

Last edited:
I have a CZ 24, a Colt 1903 and a Seecamp. The Seecamp is the only one that gets carried due to weight/size parameters. The others are range guns and fun to shoot.

I have two .32 ACP's. In the full size category I have a CZ 83. For pocket sized it's a Beretta 3032 (Tomcat). The Beretta has gone in my pocket many times. It has been 100% reliable with fmj and I can shoot it well at defense distances. The CZ might be the most accurate gun I have. I have carried it iwb but it's heavy compared to several other carry guns I have. But as a range gun it's a whole lot of fun.
Here's another advantage to .32 ACP. I can find Fiocchi fmj for $12/50. That's some pretty cheap range fun. Plus I think that load is the best available for defense.

This thread has been worthless without ...

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I have a Colt Model 1903 Hammerless that's 103 years old this year. I replaced the springs in it and it shoots great, a real natural pointer! I just purchased a NAA Guardian in 32 acp and love it for occasional pocket carry.

I have a berreta 81 that I just got and its a blast to shoot,hopefully will be adding a colt 03 sometime in the future. I also just started to reload this round and have found it to be a bit challenging but My berretta ate all of it.

I have a PPK/L that I love. Incredibly light besides its all-steel twin. Seems to fit the 32 ACP to a T.

I also have a FN 1910 that I don´t like so much. No sights to talk about, and a grip safety that can act up if I am not careful.

I have a Mauser 1914 and a CZ 27. Poor ergonomics, both are well made-my M1914 has a very nice finish. And both shoot well.

I have a PPK/L that I love. Incredibly light besides its all-steel twin. Seems to fit the 32 ACP to a T.

I also have a FN 1910 that I don´t like so much. No sights to talk about, and a grip safety that can act up if I am not careful.

I always like the design of the FN 1910 but never found one that was comfortable and reliable for me. I do have an Ortgies and also the Bernardelli Striker 32 that are somewhat styles after the FN 1910. Both are SA and the Orgies has the grip safety but the Bernardelli has only a swipe down for "FIRE" manual safety before the grip on the left side. The Ortgies grip safety is unique as it locks in "FIRE" mode when depressed and stays that way until you push a separate button to return to "SAFE" mode.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I would consider by weight alone the Mauser, and Walther would fit more into the "midsized" category.
The Beretta would be close to borderline being twice the weight, and a quarter inch wider than the truest pocket 32, the Kel-Tec P32.

Back