Florida vacation carry choice

I know folks that leave their weapons in the car if they are going to drink--but then that doesn't eliminate the possibility of getting into trouble if found with a weapon and being under the influence-not specifically referring to FL.

Just get a Glock, any Glock that fits your hand, and carry it in a iwb.

No rust, excellent reliability.

Even the 42, in .380 (and it will take +p), or wait till the 43 hits the market if you want a 9mm.

I use a 26 daily, have for years, in hot Texas summers.

And mine uses +p+ Winchester T series 127 grain ammo at 1240 fps, chronoed it myself.

Deaf

Florida has recently augmented its carry laws: An accidental display of a firearm is not considered "brandishing" if the gun is accidentally exposed. For example, you are concealing your gun in an OWB holster and are wearing a long tail shirt over it. You get caught in a guest of wind while crossing the street and your shirt blows up to expose the gun. Florida does not have an open carry law.

Florida does not have an open carry law.
Open carry is permitted while hunting, fishing and in a private vehicle going to and from a private shooting range, shooting competition or event.

Don't mean to highjack the thread, but lemme ask while all these Flordy folk are here. :D

In my home state, Alabama, there is no mandatory disclosure to LE that you are carrying (unless asked by LE). What about Florida? Our states have reciprocity agreements and I may go walk in some sugar sand this summer.

Florida is not a mandatory discloseur state. You must answer truthfully if asked, but if not asked you don't have to volunteer it.

To add to Doyle's answer, I few LEO's I know suggest that you inform them upon a traffic stop. Reason being, on one stop the driver did not disclose and when he leaned over to get paperwork out of the glove box the butt of a gun showed itself with the result of being yanked from the vehicle at gun point and placed on the ground in cuffs.
Now I'm not advocating what happened at this stop to be right or wrong and I see the LEO reasoning not knowing anything about the person being stopped. In my opinion better to act than having to react.
What I took from the officer about this stop and what followed is if they are informed all is good and and if not and a gun becomes visible then all bets are off.
The few times I have been stopped I have informed and it has been a non issue.

There is no duty to inform so keep it concealed. The CWP database is NOT connected to the LE databases or DL ones; it is administered by the Ag Dept. group

I've asked some cops about this. The majority of them told me something along the lines of that while it is not required to inform (in the areas where it wasn't)--they appreciated being informed anyway as it leads them down the "what else might they be hiding" path if they discover it themselves.

In one case though, the cop responded "Just answer the questions I ask, that's all."

Incidentally, my state of Maine is floating the idea of requiring no carry permit at all, interesting because it's currently one of the harder states to get one--it's administered by the state police and the background checks can take quite some time.

You can carry in your auto in full sight as an extension of your home.
Not in FLA, the handgun must be in an enclosed compartment, ( glove box, console with the door/lid closed) out of plain sight. In recent months a sports figure was busted for just that, a firearm in the open here in FLA.

I've asked some cops about this. The majority of them told me something along the lines of that while it is not required to inform (in the areas where it wasn't)--they appreciated being informed anyway as it leads them down the "what else might they be hiding" path if they discover it themselves.

It doesn't hurt to be upfront about as Stagpanther states

Back