First DA/SA Pistol

as the design of the DA/SA hammer fired pistol has distinct disadvantages compared to striker fired pistol in that category especially with height/bore axis and weight.

I prefer DA/SA to striker fired pistols; so do many people. Also, you cannot safely pocket carry any Glock-style pistol. So, you have to add the bulk of a traditional holster to that setup. I can safely pocket carry a micro DAO pistol in a very thin wallet-type holster.

Also, you cannot safely pocket carry any Glock-style pistol. So, you have to add the bulk of a traditional holster to that setup. I can safely pocket carry a micro DAO pistol in a very thin wallet-type holster.

They make pocket holsters for the Glock 42 and 43.

I know, similar to the Nemisis. I used to use a Nemisis holster and hated it. I have two different wallet holsters that I uses; both work OK for me. Not as good as IWB, but good enough for me. You never see the print of a gun with the two I use. One really takes a lot of practice to use correctly and it's .5" shy of being an AOW. It was made for a Ruger LC9 and I had to custom modify it for a Diamondback DB9 (yes, my DB9 is reliable after a fluff&buff and right ammo)

Skans, check out the CZ Rami. It is available with a thumb safety for cocked-n-locked and it has double action if you want that for the first shot.

It also has been made with a decocker in place of the safety.

Bart Noir

The CZ Rami is a great pistol, but it's quite a bit larger than the micro pistols Skans listed above. In fact, it's almost the same exact size as a Glock 26.

I've got the Rami BD model (with the decocker), and it shares several holsters with my Glock 27.

The Bersa UC in 9mm is somewhat fat like the Beretta,,,
But also has the best ergonomic grip of them all.

One other thing is that it has big controls,,,
And it is 100% ambidextrous.

I'm not saying they are the best pistol out there,,,
I'm just saying they are worth a serious look.
I'll heartily 2nd this...a friend gave me his .40 after I trained one of his daughters in SD shooting, not necessary but that's the kind of guy he is! While I'm a Sig guy at heart for SA/DA guns...I found the Bersa absolutely reliable, had great controls for those of us who's age and stiff fingers find smaller ones aggravating, and is suitably accurate for any SD purpose out to 25 yards or so.

Example: from 10 yds, and a Weaver Stance, I get 1-1/2" groups with any ammunition, and smaller with tuned handloads. BTW, those ambidextrous controls might come in handy in cerrtain circumstances. I find them a very nice touch...and they're not present on any of my Sigs.

The example I have, in .40 S&W is as well finished as my Sigs, sports tritium night sights and makes a fine, duty size CCW. Currently, mine is on my bedside table. I do trust the gun!

HTH's Rod

Last edited:
HighValleyRanch: Left-handed, and 180 lbs., 5' 11".

Having always tried 8:30 carry, the grips of the CZ PCR and Sig P228 seem easier to conceal now using 9:00. If I were to lean to the right, this might not be the case. But leaning fwd. 9:00 seems somewhat better.

With the Makarov (.380 Izhevsk) for summer, it's clearly easier to conceal, in any clock position.

Last edited:
Beretta 92 preferably a G model or Sig 226.The clones are just that clones imitation of the real things.
I have the Beretta and Sig 226 and 229.Like the all but prefer the Beretta.

Also, you cannot safely pocket carry any Glock-style pistol. So, you have to add the bulk of a traditional holster to that setup. I can safely pocket carry a micro DAO pistol in a very thin wallet-type holster.
And this too..

Attachments

• trigger-holster_glock-g42_galloway-precision_5478.jpg
    trigger-holster_glock-g42_galloway-precision_5478.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 20
Got all the SIG P-Series guns except the 230. All of them fine guns with good triggers. Have Beretta 92/96's. Much better guns with a D spring. Same with the PX4. Have the Compact PX4. Put on the small decockers and changed it to
a decocker only. Then put in the D spring for the Cougar/PX4. Made it the best DA/SA trigger I have ever felt.
Lighter and smoother than even my SIG's. PX4 Compact with Talon grips and the above changes makes it my best DA/SA gun I have. A real sleeper.

Back