Firearm owner survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I am certain of Andrew is that you have handled yourself very well through this entire thread. Good luck with your studies, I am guessing you have a bright future ahead of you.

Content of the survey questions:
I answered as a no guns respondent. So apparently the "foam insert" questions get there a lot quicker.

The price question is pretty stupid because there is no consideration of the size of the product. I have custom foam lined cases for bits that are about 1" by 0.5in stored 20 in a case about 6" x 3.5" x1" thick and cost about $3.00 including the plastic case. I have other foam inserts that are in the 18" by 12" range. So the price relates to which of my uses? Especially when the minimum was $25. Why $25? There should have been something that went into providing that number and the question reflects that.
Also I am not sure that a good definition of "custom" was included. The pictures could well have been a sheet of foam that I as the user have to cut out. Is that the case. Or is there supposed to be some measurement that I supply and the foam comes with those measurements for tools applied?

Another characteristic completely ignored and demonstrated by pictures in the survey is how is the insert used. In a drawer of a tool case or similar the need and protection - mostly from sliding around as wrenches aren't the most delicate things in world is a very different need than protecting electronics/cameras/crystal that has to go through baggage handling at an airport. Anyone else remember the old Samsonite(I think) commercial with the apes playing with luggage as baggage handlers?

A gun show is not the same as a trade show.

I might go to a gun show several times a year, whereas aren't trade shows generally closed to the public? I may never go to a trade show.

Also, custom foam inserts are available. They tend to be horrifically expensive. That explains my own personal low interest in them.

No thanks. The farther you progress, the farther it gets from a gun owners survey. Looks like a common marketing survey to me.

zagbomb, I'll gladly take the survey, first I need your full name, address, drivers license number, and finally your social security number. Fair enough??

The very fact that there is ANY discussion whatsoever over what the term "assault rifle" (the term that was used in the survey) means is all the proof needed that it wasn't the right term to use in the survey.

I agree with that.

I took it just to see if the butthurt was real or feigned, and I think it's mostly contrived. The question about number of guns is fairly simple: more than 5. Every other question was general enough to not be a real concern. It's marketing research for custom foam cases. Bid deal.

I also don't really care if someone, gun friendly or non-friendly, uses the term "assault rifle" to describe AR/AK type rifles.

I took it again just now, with the same or similar responses, just for the heck of it.

Custom cut foam for rifle cases? Bring your case and firearm put the firearm on a scanner, then an automated hotwire cutter makes a perfect hole for it. Pick the type, thickness and color of the foam. Great idea! Thank you.

I made it almost to the end... until I realized that this really boils down to interest in customized foam cases. I

Now I feel like I wasted my time.

Are you planning to start up a custom foam company or something? You should have warned us of that before we started the survey. You're seeing that many of us are happy to help, but I feel a bit duped.

Why is it that everyone gets all bent out of shape when one uses a wrong term or a different term?

Because an AR15 for civilian use is not an assault rifle, MA, CA, CT, NY be damned.

Calling an AR15 an assault rifle is not the same as calling a magazine a clip or any of the other silly hangups some people have on proper vernacular.

The antis pushed the assault weapon term thru the minds of Americans for one reason, to ban them. It's a semi-automatic or sporting rifle with a fixed stock and the same gun with a pistol grip and adjustable stock is an assault rifle? Sorry, many here think it is anti-gun jargon by the people who want to ban all guns, including the media. So, to answer your question, some terms require us to get bent out of shape while other terms are just annoying.

See, I thought this was a college project? Now it's foam cases?

It is a business management excercise according to the original poster. It is ostensibly about data collection and analysis. The product is hypothetical.

zagbomb said in the first post that the survey expires on the 24th. Since there's not much point in additional discussion on it, I'll close it.

zagbomb - if you want to add a final post, please PM Mike Irwin, me, or any of the Gen Dis moderators to have it opened for the addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back