FBI Raids Liberty Dollar – Confiscates All Ron Paul Dollar

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloverleaf762

Liberty Dollar HQ raided by the FBI as of 0800 this morning. All gold, silver, copper, and platinum taken. No explanations as of yet. I urge all of you who have any of the liberty dollars, eLDs, or who have bought anything on http://www.liberty-auctions.com/ from me or others to sign up for the class action lawsuit immediately. Home page and lawsuit page are linked below. Letter of notice is below that. I will relay anything new as it comes in.

This is another fine example of outright theft of private property by the feds. There is no other exclamation. There lake of giving any reasons also further my opinion of this criminal action on there part.

http://www.libertydollar.org/classaction/index.php

http://www.libertydollar.org/

Dear Liberty Dollar Supporters:

I sincerely regret to inform you that about 8:00 this morning a dozen FBI and Secret Service agents raided the Liberty Dollar office in Evansville.

For approximately six hours they took all the gold, all the silver, all the platinum and almost two tons of Ron Paul Dollars that where just delivered last Friday. They also took all the files, all the computers and froze our bank accounts.

We have no money. We have no products. We have no records to even know what was ordered or what you are owed. We have nothing but the will to push forward and overcome this massive assault on our liberty and our right to have real money as defined by the US Constitution. We should not to be defrauded by the fake government money.

But to make matters worse, all the gold and silver that backs up the paper certificates and digital currency held in the vault at Sunshine Mint has also been confiscated. Even the dies for mint the Gold and Silver Libertys have been taken.

This in spite of the fact that Edmond C. Moy, the Director of the Mint, acknowledged in a letter to a US Senator that the paper certificates did not violate Section 486 and were not illegal. But the FBI and Services took all the paper currency too.

The possibility of such action was the reason the Liberty Dollar was designed so that the vast majority of the money was in specie form and in the people’s hands. Of the $20 million Liberty Dollars, only about a million is in paper or digital form.

I regret that if you are due an order. It may be some time until it will be filled... if ever... it now all depends on our actions.

Everyone who has an unfulfilled order or has digital or paper currency should band together for a class action suit and demand redemption. We cannot allow the government to steal our money! Please don’t let this happen!!! Many of you read the articles quoting the government and Federal Reserve officials that the Liberty Dollar was legal. You did nothing wrong. You are legally entitled to your property. Let us use this terrible act to band together and further our goal – to return America to a value based currency.

Please forward this important Alert... so everyone who possess or use the Liberty Dollar is aware of the situation.

Please click HERE <http://www.libertydollar.org/classaction/index.php> to sign up for the class action lawsuit and get your property back!

If the above link does not work you can access the page by copying the following into your web browser. http://www.libertydollar.org/classaction/index.php

Thanks again for your support at this darkest time as the damn government and their dollar sinks to a new low.

Bernard von NotHaus

Monetary Architect

Do you think that it is wise for you to be pontificating more when you have just been raided? Has your lawyer told you to be quiet?

WildonceabellhasbeenrungitcantbeunrungAlaska ™

Looks like the FBI and Secret Service are taking lessons from the BATF on how to shut down vocal critics.

As with anything there are two sides to the story.

We've heard from someone involved in the business.

Now we need to hear what the feds are saying and on what basis their warrant was issued.

two tons of Ron Paul Dollars

What the heck is a "Ron Paul Dollar"?!?

We should not to be defrauded by the fake government money.

Yeah....O.K....US currency issued by the US Treasury is "fake government money." Allrighty, then. I'll keep my US currency, thank you. Please send the US currency that you don't want to me. You can keep the Ron Paul dollars, though. :D

Bernard von NotHaus

Monetary Architect

What the heck is a "monetary architect"?

Wow, I would like to know what prompted this raid. Since they've been in business for 8 years, something must have happened to spark an investigation and subsequent raid.

Are there any MSM news reports about this yet?

I must heartily disagree with my Alaskan friend!

Make as much noise as possible! Posting here is good but won't get you very far. You need to contact the media, NOW. Get this out there immediately. I confess to being ignorant as to what the liberty dollar or "ron paul" dollar is...I didn't know he had his own currency...but Feds taking private property is ridiculous.

Let me know if I can help.

Moral of the story- never fear the government! Fear is for the enemy. Fear and...

er...

Many of us have been running around like mad men trying to find out what is on the warrant to explain so much of our private property being taken. So far all replies fall into 2 categories. Don't know (NORFED) and won't talk (FBI/SS).

But the whole thing is very suspicious given the current lawsuit between NORFED and the US mint. They had better have a darn good criminal reason for the raid.

Well I don`t know anything about this, but just who authorized a Ron Paul Dollar to be circulated? Seems to me that, just based on what info was posted above, the FBI did what they are supposed to do. Sheesh.

Well I don`t know anything about this, but just who authorized a Ron Paul Dollar to be circulated? Seems to me that, just based on what info was posted above, the FBI did what they are supposed to do. Sheesh.

No one authorized it.

Read up on Liberty Dollars.

It's a private bank offering gold-and-silver backed medium for bartering. They stamp a piece of gold into a round disk with Ron Paul's likeness on it as a method of honoring his ideology regarding money.

I don't own any LD's, but I wish I did.

I've heard them referred to as some sort of multilevel marketing scheme, but I'm not quite sure how that could be explained. Someone more "in the know" than I could maybe explain it better.

But the statist declaration of "just who authorized this?" is the last thing that needs to be thrown around. It's silver and gold. It's free to be traded on a free market as a commodity.

Just who do you think you are? :rolleyes:

Make as much noise as possible! Posting here is good but won't get you very far. You need to contact the media, NOW. Get this out there immediately.

Yep. And get everything you say shoved up your butt at trial. Hey maybe he will claim the court has no jurisdiction.:cool:

What the heck is a "monetary architect"?

Classy way of saying "fringe wacko"?:D:D

Hey wait...lets consider this...maybe this guy was engaged in a multistate scheme to defraud! Could that be? Heavens.

WildnawitsjusthejbtspickingonapatriotAlaska ™

Hey wait...lets consider this...maybe this guy was engaged in a multistate scheme to defraud! Could that be? Heavens.

As much as I love to rush to sensationalism, I think WA's prediction will be closer to truth.

This guy has always claimed to have 100% reserves in a private vault for all liberty dollar certificates printed.

The temptation would be awfully strong to overprint.

Snagging the specie as the OP suggests occurred should be flat-out wrong though. Unless it was not 99.999% pure as was marketed, in order to once again pad the bottom line.

Time will tell, but it irks me to see statements demanding "authorization" on a board like this one.

Just who do you think you are?

He's just someone who asked a question, that's all. The OP hasn't done much explaining about "ron paul dollars." Other than to say that RP authorized it, and that it is "legit."

Apparently, the FBI doesn't think that it is so "legit." When you print currency (or notes, or whatever they've done) -- or when you engage in some kind of multi-level marketing scheme to sell securities -- there are a lot of laws that you have to comply with, and you do have to have authorization to engage in the interstate commerce of securities. So don't get so mad when someone doesn't understand exactly what is going on. The OP started this Thread, and it is not unreasonable to respond with questions about what happened.

Or maybe the security and other laws don't apply to Ron Paul dollars or Ron Paul securities or whatever in the heck it was that they were selling. :rolleyes:

So don't get so mad when someone doesn't understand exactly what is going on.

I'm not mad over someone being ignorant of Liberty Dollars. I was ignorant of the existence of Liberty Dollars until today. I had vaguely heard of them before today, but never visited their website, wikipedia, independent review sites or anything until this thread.

I'm cross over ignorance being combined with a value judgement ("lay people can't make gold coins with people's faces on them") and a rush to an assumption of illegality ("just who exactly authorized this?").

I see it as no different than buying gold or silver jewelry, precious gems, or US Mint coins. It's an investment in precious metals.

Why should the government be the only agency capable of selling gold disks with pretty pictures on them? Gold is gold, who cares what is stamped on it? It's value is a function of the weight of the gold (objective) coupled with the rarity/desireability of the stamped image (subjective).

Something tells me that a Ron Paul liberty gold coin will be a very collectible item with high objective and subjective values as a result of this, whatever the outcome is determined to be.

But to make matters worse, all the gold and silver that backs up the paper certificates and digital currency held in the vault at Sunshine Mint has also been confiscated.

That's a lot different than just selling gold coins. The OP appears to have been selling securities and/or commercial paper (perhaps orders, notes, or some type of negotiable instrument). And the government should regulate those who sell securities and negotiable instruments. Because without government regulation, buyers get scammed and ripped-off. That's why the government regulates those activities.

Something tells me that a Ron Paul liberty gold coin will be a very collectible item with high objective and subjective values as a result of this
LOL. I suspect that if you want Ron Paul dollars, you'll be asked to send the OP some of your "fake government money" in exchange for those Ron Paul dollars. :D

Right, Fremmer, and that's what I agree with you and WA about. This guy probably over-sold his secured holdings.

But the gold paul coins have nothing to do with securities. Why confiscate those?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back