Favorite handguns?

Favorite revolver is the Dan Wesson 715. With S&W N-frames close behind.
Favorite Semi are steel CZ's and clones.

Least favorite revolvers are the current polymer ones, doesn't matter who makes them.

Leas favorite semis are 1911s. I've owned two of them, that's enough for my lifetime. I don't even like to shoot friend's 1911s!

Favorite handguns is hard to choose from.

No matter what my heart says, or my head, a quick look at what I grab the most often when I hit the range would show me with:

FN/Browning Hi Power 9mm

Hi Standard Supermatic S101

A close third is a 1945 Star Model B 9mm

I LOVE 1911s.

I like a LOT of other designs

I don't own anything I don't like.

However, the top two are the top two I've been grabbing for the past 2 years. I guess that makes them my favorites.

Reasons: Fit in hand, how accurate I am with them, sense of history, price of ammo, fit in hand [yes, but it bears repeating;)].

How can one pick a favorite out of over 150 pistols? I can say 1911's, High powers and my Micro pistols ( Star, Sig, Kimber, Colt) are among my favorite shooters......or is it my mid size frame (Star S, Walther PPK, Llama, etc.)....or how about the commander size (G19, Star BM, Kimber Pro Carry II, Sig P 6) or some of the revolvers (S&W K series, Colt SAA, J frame Smiths etc.) guess i will never know but I Have fun shooting all and that is what counts not which ones do i sleep with.

My favorite was my S&W model 66 until l purchased a Sig 1911 ultra in 9mm. Accurate, pretty and has had zero hiccups in the first 450 rounds.

I like them all. Favorite revolver would have to be the S&W Model 27 and variants from the P&R Era.

Here's a pre-model 357 shipped in 1957 with the uncommon 6.5" barrel. The red ramp and white outline sights are factory original. Took me 20 years to find this one.

standard.jpg

This is a 5" 27-2 in nickel stamped for the Florida Highway Patrol. I like the 5" length.

standard.jpg

My favorite auto pistol has to be the 1911. I actually prefer the 38 Super to the 45 ACP (I know, sacrilege).

standard.jpg

A close second would be the S&W Model 39. Just fits my hand better than other pistol. Recently picked up one in nickel. I like the shiny ones.

standard.jpg

I own a bunch of Glock's, never counted them! But carry a Glock 19, I have two set up the same way. TruGlo night sights, Glock extended slide release, butt plug, flush fit ones. 3.5 connector (does not give 3.5 trigger, but a 4.5 one, great!) tend to carry the Gen4 most.

The Gen4 has an incredible dark blue finish to the slide, almost black, carry it every day, looks like new.

Winchester 147g Ranger T, so accurate! Spare mag, G17 full of 124g NATO, hard ball. Why? Why not.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good information here.
My favorite semi-auto is a Springfield TRP.
My favorite revolver is Smith and Wesson 6 Inch Model 29-2.
My favorite plinker is 6 inch Browning Buckmark .22

I wish I could claim a favorite, for just plain enjoyment shooting the gun keeps changing. I have my regular goto CCW pistols that do not change, but the fun favorites, right now it's a single action .45 Colt, six weeks ago I was shooting mostly S&W K frames. What next? Maybe back to the 1911 or maybe the BHP's.

I can't name a favorite, but the backbone of my pistol universe includes:

Browning HP
HK P7
HK USP 45
Beretta 92FS
S&W 686

Of all the other pistols I can think of, I'd have to rank these tops on the Lust List in order of likely reality for me to own in the short term (to shoot, not look at):

Sig Sauer 220 10mm Stainless w/rosewood grips
Walther P88
HK Mark 23
HK P9S Sport Group III
Sig Sauer P210 9mm

Last edited:
Back