Ever buy a twin?

I've got siblings.
I liked my new .410 Citori XS Skeet so much I bought one in 28 gauge too.
They are built on the 20 gauge frame so they aren't to light and whippy.
Handguns, not so much.

Aarond,

I like your NEOS Carbine much better! As a kid I had a 007 toy brief case that had a gun, decoder and some other neat stuff.

Back when I shot Bullseye Pistol competitively, I bought a Baikal IZH35M target .22. Liked it so much I bought another for a back up. While they look like identical twins, they don’t act like it. One likes CCI standard velocity ammo, the other Winchester. But that’s pretty much normal for any .22 LR gun.

More like a litter!

I have a whole litter of Beretta 92/M9 pistols, Last weekend in fact, A 92 Inox followed me home NIB for $625:D

My Dad got me started into the shooting sports when I was just a lad of 10. He had only one pistol his entire life which I inherited from him. I started my own pistol collection as soon as I returned from Vietnam. My goal was to have one of everything. My son began his addiction to shooting at the age of 8. Now he is a deputy sheriff and has a bunch of kids of his own. He loves to shoot about as much as I do but with all the hungry little mouths he has to feed, extra money is not a frequent guest.

Being retired, still collecting guns, and still able to earn a few extra bucks on the side doing what I love to do, I have been buying two of each pistol that I think would be nice for the both of us. I then give them to my good friend and gunsmith to customize for us. My son has a lot bigger hand than I do so his gun needs different thickness grips and the trigger needs to be set a little more forward. The nice thing about this is he loves and appreciates having a customized pistol that is the same as his Dad's. I love and appreciate having such a great son and look forward to all the grandkids getting old enough to start their own gun collection, with a little help from Grandpa.

I am not a twin sort of guy . But make it a big brother/ little brother then yes. I will buy larger smaller version of a design that work well. kahr , dan Wesson revolvers.

Hello Guv,,,

I like your NEOS Carbine much better!
As a kid I had a 007 toy brief case that had a gun, decoder and some other neat stuff.

I had the same briefcase,,,
I liked the plastic knife in the spring slot,,,
James Bond was my hero so I wanted every toy they made.

I have a chance to buy another 6" barrel for my NEOS pistols,,,
I'm not really in the market but a friend has it,,,
That would give me a second set of twins.

Aarond

I've never had identical twins, but I've had a lot of faternal ones.

Maybe these are cousins.

1955 K-38 top...1948 K-22 on the bottom.

I'm about to make them triplets. I've got a 1959, Model 14 (no dash) on layaway.

Wife and I both bought 65-5 -3" 357 Lady Smiths in 1993
She just gave hers to our nephew in law
I still have mine it is my SD revolver --Converted to DAO and MagnaPorted
LS357.jpg

Never bought a twin but I do have a 4" 586 and a 4" 686. I also have 4 5" 1911 guns and 2 Commander length guns. Oh, 3 10/22 rifles, 2 are identical so I guess I have.

I reread your original post,,,

I'm assuming I could probably pick the gun up in the $300 range.

Man, don't worry about twins,,,
If it's a S&W rimfire revolver that functions,,,
For $300.00 I would be breaking the sound barrier with my credit card.

I would love to have another Model 18 as a matching pair,,,
But they are all way too expensive for my tastes.

Have fun,,,

Aarond

I tried, but was slapped.:p

Seriously, I have a few fraternal twins. None look the same, but they are definitely related.

The most obvious candidates are 1911s and BHPs. However, none of those has the exact same trigger/Tsafety/GSafety/Hammer/Sear/Sight/Grip combo. Something is different in at least one of those categories.

I don't want to confuse the twins with each other: but recognize their individual characteristics.

Two of my three firearms are twin Glock 19 Gen 4s with Trijicon HD sights on them. I carry one every day, and use the other at the range and for dry fire. I switch them out every few months to manage round counts and such. I'm a big believer in having a spare/practice copy of your carry weapon.

...and yeah, I actually love shooting it. I don't need range toys to have fun at the range. I really enjoy working with my carry weapon.

Hrm... my third firearm is the same frame, as well. Same as the other two, except in .40 S&W. Keeps flinch down and gives me an easier time finding rounds in stock.

Honestly we gun-aficionados will make up every "excuse" under the sun to justify our habit (guilty as charged :eek:). I am a gun "junkie" and sometimes think "drugs" might be cheaper and less addictive but I digress...

That said, I have done so with a few of mine with one of the reasons being to have spare parts on hand.

Back