Ever buy a twin?

I have considered it a few times, but never actually bought a twin.

My father does it all the time, but it's more along the lines of "his and hers"...:rolleyes:
Marlin Model 60s
Colt Mustang Pocketlites
Walther P22s (plus a 'spare')
Henry H001s
S&W 617s
CZ 75s (though, one went back immediately)
And I'm sure I've forgotten a few.

In the past, he would buy different variants of the same thing, to see which one he liked better. Then, after some time with both, he'd sell one or both.
Example: Beretta 84BB and Browning BDA 380. He ended up keeping both for 5-6 years, but they were purchased with a plan to "see which is better, and sell the other." (For those unfamiliar with the pistols - they're the same thing, both built by Beretta, but with cosmetic differences.)

He did the same with a bunch of Colt 1911s, some Browning Hi-Powers, Sterling .22 pistols, Rossi 62SA .22s, and some kind of S&W revolver that I'm forgetting.

Last edited:
I have twin 92Fs INOX's, every time I think about selling one I look at it and change my mind. I shoot both, so no special treatment here, their just so darn pretty!:D

Maybe never "identical", more like "faternal." I've owned a half-dozen Model 10's, another half-dozen Ruger 10/22's, three Model 15's...you get the idea.

Hey aarond, in your picture of the Modern Dueling Pistols, you need to flip the lower box of CCI rimfire ammo around. It's messing up the otherwise stellar setup in that picture! ;)

Myself, I do not own any twins. Never say never, but I would almost always trend toward something else, something different, etc etc.

However, I have one that doesn't exactly qualify, but it does somewhat follow the logic. As a high school graduation gift, my Grandfather gave me his Smith & Wesson revolver, a nickel plated, 6-inch barreled S&W Hand Ejector Military & Police, Model of 1905 4th Change. This is the standard .38 Special revolver that evolved in to the famous K-frame Victory Model and eventually, the Smith & Wesson Model 10. Back in the late 90s, I wrote to Roy Jinks to obtain a factory letter on it and I found that it was originally shipped in 1921.

I have shot it on many occasions but I don't wish to shoot it anymore. The factory nickel plating is still in very good condition, but it's far from 100% and handling, shooting, and perhaps mostly... CLEANING just aren't conducive to it's preservation.

So when I came across a very similar revolver at a gun show and it passed all the function checks I could muster, it simply HAD to come home with me. It's also a 6-inch barrel and nickel plated, same model, but the serial number of this one dates it a bit earlier, to 1917. It has far more exterior wear but it's functionally wonderful, the cylinder timing is perfect and it is accurate and most enjoyable to shoot. And that's exactly why I bought it, because I can (and do!) shoot it to replicate the joy of shooting my family heirloom.

I had 2 G26s at the same time, but one was OD. I recently bought my first twin, a M&P FS45. I've owned other poly 45s, but this is by far my favorite. I bought both used at the same LGS and as soon as I brought the second one home, I made it identical to the other.

Both have the small backstrap on, Apex hard sear, lanyard grip tool and DIY round/polish jobs on the striker block. I use my original for HD, so it's not bad having a backup of the same exact firearm. I also have two hands and one for each now, I guess. ;)

7Bzzt0q.jpg

Hello Sevens,,,

I had to chuckle my friend,,,
That one thing has been bugging me ever since I took the pic.

Is my OCD showing?

Aarond

Twins....well sure....

a. Model 19's ( S&W .357 mag revolvers ) both 4" Nickel...
b. Browning Shotguns/12ga Citori XS skeet/one as backup tournament gun..
c. Browning 12ga Citori XT-Trap..both 32"...just because...

Siblings... maybe not twins..:

a. Sig 239's ...one in 9mm, one in .40 S&W
b. Sig 226's, all stainless...one in 9mm, one in .40S&W
c. Wilson Combat 1911's -both 5"...one in 9mm, one in .45acp
d. Four S&W model 27's ( .357 mag ) 4" and 6" - pair Nickel, pair blued

:D

All my "twins" are gone now, the closest two I have are my Dan Wesson 715 and 15-2s. In the past, I've had a bunch:

Astra A-80. Bought one, great gun, found another one too cheap to pass up.
Dan Wesson 15-2. I had 4 of them at one time, all exactly the same, 4"VH shrouds with the standard target grips. They all had serial numbers close enough that they were probably made the same week. One had a pitted barrel, and I got it super cheap. I bought a new barrel for $25 and made about $100 on it when I sold it.
Beretta 84. I had two with the wood grips, blued.
I had several of the Erma PPK clones. None of them were any good. They were kind of a "project" of mine to get one of them working really well. I failed.

no 2 exactly alike, but occasionally they come close...

My pair of Sig P220 pistols, for instance... one is in 9mm.

Or two USP .45's...

But here's a couple of P.38's I once owned. Both were byf43, but one was a first series and the other a 2nd series (note trigger pin 'hump' on top, missing on the bottom)...

Then, a couple 27's and a couple 41's....

or a couple of 1911's...

or (3) P226 Sig Sauers...

I have with rifles - mainly SMLEs but then there were minor differences in each.

As far as pistols - my weakness is S & W M & P / Model 10s. I can't shoot moore than one at a time but I have several barrel lengths 0 at least that's my scuse! :D:roll eyes:

TThere also have been times when I've had two or three 1851 Navies at the same time - usually because I can across something at too good of a price to pass up.

Almost all my guns have a sibling

Only one set of twins and it wasn't intentional-----had a gun returned by the police after a replacement was purchased.

I like what I like.

Not in rifles but in handguns I have 10, 5 sets of twins. It's b/c I have a teenage son and what ever I get he wants one too.

Back