Ever buy a twin?

4 Paws

Was out shooting a no longer in production S&W 22 cal pistol today. Easily had the gun 20+ years. By far the most accurate and enjoyable gun I have. Recently I saw one turn up in a local shop. I'm assuming I could probably pick the gun up in the $300 range. No real reason to purchase this outside of having a back up in the event my original ever fails me. Anyone ever have a gun so nice you purchased a twin to it?

Yes I have, I have used the justification of my two sons as to the reason why:D
I got 2 S&W 5906's & 2 Ruger SS 4 5/8 357's & 2 Glock 19's....do ar-15's count?

ive got doubles of some usually they are some differences except for my mk2s they were identical until i tore one apart to make a custom gun. That was the reason i bought it.

What smith was it? 422?

Similar but not identical. For example, I have a pristine P08 Luger I'd never shoot so also have a mixed numbers P08 "shooter". All parts would interchange but they are not identical, especially in value.

I also have S&W 5906 and 5903 semiautos. All parts should interchange in the two but the first has a steel frame and the other an alloy frame.

Now when it comes to cap&ball revolvers, yeah I have two nearly identical 1851 Navy replicas! Like lots of folks have had over the years. :D

Over the years I have purchased duplicates to the ones that I liked to shoot. One got shot, and the other got put away for possible future use. If action work was done, or any modifications, it was done to both so that they remained identical.

Unintentionally

Long time ago . . .

Had a Norinco 1911A1 that was stolen.

Bought another one.

2 years after the new one PD called me with my 1st Norc which was recovered in a crime.

Now I have 2 Norcs.

Rmocarsky

We have two that are the same gun, but different variations. Ruger LCPs, one with the Crimson Trace laser on it, and one without.

My wife carries the CT model every day, and I carry the plain one when my clothing will not allow for my regular, larger gun.

CZ75 SP01 Tactical X2
45 cal 1911's X2
Glock 17's X2

Most of these are competition guns---main and a backup set
up very close to the same.

Ruger 10-22's------let's not even go there. WAY more than "X2",
and no two of them set up the same.

And a bit of a weird one--16 ga Ithaca 37's X3.

I used to have a lot of duplicate handguns but in recent years I have been selling off the dupes. Only pair I still have is my 1950 44 Target Models that shipped in 1955. Wait, I also have a set of 2" M&Ps from 1949.

Used to have two CZ82's.

Sold one to a co worker who fell in love with the gun after a trip to the shooting range. It's still her favorite after 5 years.

Yes, but not in revolvers,,, yet,,,,,

Yes, but not in revolvers,,, yet.

So far I have two identical pairs of .22 semi-auto target pistols.

A pair of Ruger 22/45's,,,
I call them my modern dueling pistols.

130816-ModernDuelingPistols.jpg

I also have a pair of 4.5 inch Beretta NEOS pistols,,,
They are cased along with the NEOS Carbine and an extra 6" barrel.

140102-NEOS_CasedSet-LR.jpg

I really get a lot of use from these sets,,,
I take a lot of friends and newbies out shooting,,,
It's nice to have identical pistols so no one is disadvantaged.

But I will be the first to admit,,,
It's really a justification for something I wanted to do anyways.

If I could find one for a good price,,,
I would buy another Model 18 or Model 63,,,
I would love to encase a pair of those classic revolvers.

If matching pairs also include different cartridges,,,
Such as a Model 15 in .38 Special and a Model 18 in .22 LR,,,
Then I have at last count ten pairs of matching centerfire/rimfire handguns.

Is my OCD showing to brightly? :o

Aarond

Back