England: Ban on samurai swords becomes law

I mean seriously, I guess we can make all the fun we want, but good Lord! What are we coming to!?!?! You can't even buy a shuckin' sword anymore?!?!?! Are we as human beings to tolerate such totalitarian nonsense!? Seriously, this is just getting out of hand. I don't even own a sword, but the more I think about this, the more it just straight up ticks me off.

"Samurai sword? Naw, this is a leaf spring. Yes---REALLY! Why does it have a handle? So I don't get rust all over my hand---DUH!"

Seriously, this is getting way out of hand. I think they've even managed to surpass California with that brain-child of a law. From the article, it seems they're targeting the Katana specifically, or atleast just the Japanese-styled swords. Hmmm, I wonder if it also covers a Naginata---it happens to be a couple notches higher on my "favorites" list of weapon styles. And, oh, my gosh the two-handed scimitar I work out with even performs equally beside katanas on bamboo and grass matt cut-tests. But I guess those are A-OK, huh? Wow, so much for buying a new Paul Chen on that side of the pond--sorry about your bad luck over there...

Seriously, this is getting way out of hand. I think they've even managed to surpass California with that brain-child of a law. From the article, it seems they're targeting the Katana specifically, or atleast just the Japanese-styled swords. Hmmm, I wonder if it also covers a Naginata---it happens to be a couple notches higher on my "favorites" list of weapon styles. And, oh, my gosh the two-handed scimitar I work out with even performs equally beside katanas on bamboo and grass matt cut-tests. But I guess those are A-OK, huh? Wow, so much for buying a new Paul Chen on that side of the pond--sorry about your bad luck over there...

This got me thinking about my personal favorite weapon, the Nagamaki (think i spelled that right:confused:) It has a blade almost identical to a Katana, but a long handle. It's style is kinda a mix of Katana and Naginata.

Handmade_Functional_Nagamaki_M.jpg

But if you had one of these you could say with absolute truth, "Why no sir, this is not a Japanese Samurai Sword." It is a Japanese Samurai Pole Arm...

I recall watching an interview with Richard Dawson remember him from hosting Family feud ? Any way he related a story of watching his father leave the house to guard the beach from the Germans with a bat Richard asked his father what will you do if the Germans come the father replied "Well, I will have to stop them wount I". This says alot about a brave people willing to lay down there life for King and country. It also shows how little reguard was or is held for the subjects of the realm. Here go to the beach and when the best trained equiped battle hardend forces in the world land, attack them with your bat. It seems nothing has changed.
I would bet the people who ban the means to self defense never would have to wait on the beach with a bat.

Last edited:
Is there anywhere in Europe where self defense is still respected? I'm looking for somewhere to emigrate in case Obamassiah is elected.

Well, this just goes to further prove the idea that taking away a weapon simply means it will be replaced by another. So, now what will follow? Rapiers? Maybe a battle-axe or two? Then chains, tire irons, and spiked clubs? When will these idiots ever come to the realization that you can't solve a problem by treating the symptom? PEOPLE are the problem. Same idiom as "if guns cause crime, then pencils are responsible for bad spelling".

My house is chok-full of every brutal weapon known to man... Guns knives, bows, crossbows, more swords and pole-arms than I have wall space... How is it that my son isn't a mass-murderer? Because A) the mystery is dispelled--he knows what these things are and what they are capable of causing. and B) because my wife and I are PARENTS---not a couple adults that pop our heads in on him a couple times a week. How's that for rocket science.

Back