EDC and HOME DEFENSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of these anecdotal observations constitutes an argument for anything one way or the other.

This is a statement about being stubborn and unteachable, and - again - not an argument for anything one way or the other.

I looked up the data for Rittman, Ohio ... as well as the surrounding communities (which feed into statistical probabilities regarding patterns of crime)

In summary ... you live in a low crime area, but far from the idyllic utopia you suggest. There may be a bit of "just don't know any better" at work. Your property crime is significantly higher than the national average, for instance. Your burglary and theft rates are unusually high for a community of that size (and trending rapidly upward, BTW) ... so much so that I checked a couple of sources just to be certain.

Crime does not follow narrow, artificial boundaries on a map. Your proximity to Barberton and Akron, for instance, increases the total threat profile quite a bit beyond a narrow rendering of probabilities based upon Rittman alone.

Unless you are truly as stubborn as you suggest, my humble recommendation would be that you think through the problem more rationally. I understand how home-carry seems silly to you at this time.

I love the tactical-early-warning-canine, BTW ... that's always a good part of a layered (and sensible) approach to home defense.
Actually crime does generally follow lines.

If one is unteachable or stubborn that is you too. You think youre all right and correct and that it is almost wrong not to carry at home. You should take a dose of humility.

... If one is unteachable or stubborn that is you too. You think youre all right and correct and that it is almost wrong not to carry at home. You should take a dose of humility. ...

If there is something you propose to teach me, do so, and we'll test your hypothesis. Be specific regarding the present subject for instance. Show me the fault of logic or fact, and I'll readily acknowledge it.

It's not humility I lack. If I lack anything, it's tact when dealing with irrationality. I'll readily cop to that charge. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back