Duplicates In Your Collection

I have several duplicates but not exact duplicates. 1911s, Commanders , 10/22s, 642s, and others. No twins tho.

I have too many duplicates.
4 1911’s.
2 3” 65’s
2 Seecamp (.25 and .32)
2 Sig P239’s (357 and 9mm)
2 S&W Registered Magnums.
3 Walther PPK’s
3 AR variations.

And a lot of other stuff.

Currently selling some stuff. I’m controlled by my possessions.

:)

There is a saying that apparently originated with the military:

One is none, two is one.

The idea is to have backup and interchangeability. If the first fails, you can shift immediately to the second. This works for other items - notepads, pencils, etc. when you need to have whatever it is on hand and working just then. I don't use electronic gizmos for notes so I keep backup pens - this drives millennials crazy.

Since I really enjoy the 3 handguns I own and rely on 2 of them for EDC..I have wondered if it would be best to duplicate the 2 EDC guns but then...if one crumps, I'll EDC the other and with very little $ and money, probably just fix the 'broken' one..pretty easy with the brand of HG I own.

The closest thing I have to a duplication is a Ruger Speed Six and a Ruger Security Six, both with 2 3/4" barrels. They are identical in size and shape and caliber. I don't carry the Speed Six any more, though.

My edc these days is an LCRx. If I lose the use of the LCRx, I can switch to my Glock 42. If I lose both of those, I can switch back to one of the Sixes or to the SIG 239. Or even the Single Seven.

Rather than buy two of the same, I spend the money on something different. Variety is fun.

I thought that we were supposed to get duplicates of all of them. But I know that I can quit anytime.... really I mean it. Right now though I’m going to check my bids on gunbroker.

I collect Mosin Nagant rifles & I have bought a few duplicates just because they were good looking rifles & were cheap.
They are getting harder to find in good condition so if I find one that has that unbucherd look I'll buy it as long as I don't have to call my banker to get funds.

Not quite duplicates, but almost triplicates...

I have a CZ P01. I always wanted a PCR, when I finally decided it was time, I couldn't find one but did find a P01. Then about a year later, I found a great deal on a "blemished" CZ 75B Compact and bought it. So, not quite a duplicate, it is a bit heavier (all steel) and DA/SA with the ability to start on SA (the safety works in SA, you have to manually decock it, while the DA/SA P01 has a decocker and no safety as well as being lighter aluminium). Shortly after the 75B Compact (a week or two after), I picked up a PCR which is basically the exact same gun as the P01 but without the rail. So, there are some differences, but they are three compact CZ 75 based guns that have the same action, same feel, and shoot the same.

I have a triplicate of Taurus G2’s. Was thinking about getting a Glock, but the G2 felt good in my hand so I picked it up and used it as an EDC for a few weeks. With the leftover money I ended up buying two more, one to keep in each car.

Having the same gun in three different locations has really made life easy. I can’t carry at work so there’s no point in taking my carry piece with me if I’m going straight there and back. On the rare occasion I have to stop somewhere along the way I have the exact same thing I carry in the car along with an extra mag and inexpensive concealment holster.

I have a triplicate of Taurus G2’s. Was thinking about getting a Glock, but the G2 felt good in my hand so I picked it up and used it as an EDC for a few weeks. With the leftover money I ended up buying two more...

That is the thing with Taurus. I no longer 100% trust them, but I have started buying them again. If you can't afford the better gun, well, there is no decision. If you can, Taurus has always had some interesting designs and innovations (right now, I'm really in love with the 856 concept- a snub just a hair larger than other J-frame sized guns but that holds 6 rounds of .38/.38+p). While their quality control isn't what the other big makers have (or used to, there are some SIG, S&W and Ruger stories the past few years), they do have a lifetime warranty. Also, you probably didn't pay any more for those 3 G2s than you would have for one Glock. That is what put me over on my 856. I was looking at the Cobra, vintage Detective Specials and Agents, the S&W 66, and I don't remember what else (I wanted a 2" .38 that held 6 rounds), and it occurred to me that with the price of the 856 if I got a bad one I could get a 2nd one at the price of the other guns plus have quite a bit left over for practice ammo, while the chances of getting two bad ones were quite low. So far, I'm happy with my 856 and I've been thinking about picking up another (my 856 is the lightweight aluminum version, I may pick up a steel 856CH and replace my 1991 vintage 5-round Taurus 85CH).

That is the thing with Taurus. I no longer 100% trust them, but I have started buying them again. If you can't afford the better gun, well, there is no decision. If you can, Taurus has always had some interesting designs and innovations (right now, I'm really in love with the 856 concept- a snub just a hair larger than other J-frame sized guns but that holds 6 rounds of .38/.38+p). While their quality control isn't what the other big makers have (or used to, there are some SIG, S&W and Ruger stories the past few years), they do have a lifetime warranty. Also, you probably didn't pay any more for those 3 G2s than you would have for one Glock. That is what put me over on my 856. I was looking at the Cobra, vintage Detective Specials and Agents, the S&W 66, and I don't remember what else (I wanted a 2" .38 that held 6 rounds), and it occurred to me that with the price of the 856 if I got a bad one I could get a 2nd one at the price of the other guns plus have quite a bit left over for practice ammo, while the chances of getting two bad ones were quite low. So far, I'm happy with my 856 and I've been thinking about picking up another (my 856 is the lightweight aluminum version, I may pick up a steel 856CH and replace my 1991 vintage 5-round Taurus 85CH).
I understand completely! I was very hesitant to spend any money on any semi auto Taurus (except the PT92 line). The thing felt so good in my hand that I’m glad I did! I’ve probably put over a thousand rounds through two of them and I haven’t had a single problem. I’ve been super impressed with them. The only thing I don’t like is that if I don’t move my fat fingers during a quick reload the magazine has a tendency to pinch my pinky.

I’m certainly not a super rich man, but I am blessed enough that I could have bought three Glocks. I did end up getting a G17 and I have shot many others and no matter which model or generation I still don’t like the triggers. They are great firearms, but I personally shoot better with that Taurus than any of the Glocks.

I’m certainly not a super rich man, but I am blessed enough that I could have bought three Glocks. I did end up getting a G17 and I have shot many others and no matter which model or generation I still don’t like the triggers. They are great firearms, but I personally shoot better with that Taurus than any of the Glocks.

Every time I look at a gun where Glock has something in the niche, I do check out the Glocks. So far, I have yet to buy one due to that trigger. Actually, when I bought my (1st gen M. Pro. 2nd gen Millennium) PT 140 Millennium Pro I picked it over the Glock 27 and 26, and those M. Pros of that generation were not exactly known for a nice trigger. At this point, I'm not rich, but I can buy any handgun I want within reason. Some just mean more time to save up than the others. Yet, I still buy Taurus at times, and one of my next guns may be another Bersa Thunder .380 (I sold mine years ago when I figured there were, and I had, other guns that better fit the use I had for it, and I didn't see myself having as many guns as I do so I got rid of it).

I can't stop buying XDMs from Pawn Shops. They are commonly mis-marked as XD and hence, cheaper. Many many sub $300 XDM-45s and XDM-9s.

That and SKS rifles. Can't pass up $300 Norincos (and not the overused ones on today's surplus market).

Picked up my 3rd Pico the other day. This one will be a safe queen.

EJ0tDAi.jpg

Back