dragons breath for self defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is excellent for HD against invading scarecrows from the wizard of oz in my asbestos house

OK seriously I'd love to try them some 4th of July but no I'd never use for HD.

Dragons Breath in Self Defence

As usual, people posting here have little to contribute beyond macho talk, rhetoric and ridicule. Dragons breath rounds operate similarly to white phosphorous grenades, widely used in warfare. Said rounds fire out a cloud of magnesium pellets or shards burning at 1 600 C. Safe to say, this could be a useful weapon when fired out of a Taurus Judge or S & W Governor at a person waving a knife at short range. Obviously, don’t load for home defence unless the shooter wants to burn down the house, not good in situations where the target is flanked or standing in front of persons that a shooter does not have the right or cause to do harm to, but if said person is standing with accomplices in a concrete alleyway? I would think this weapon would further offer shock and awe, a strategy widely used by armed forces. After seeing a huge bright cloud of spark and flame wrapping around an accomplice who starts screaming and running about, id guess the rest of the gang would seek other opportunities at a rapid pace. Further, as the cloud projected has the possibility of engaging multiple hostiles, we get what we all thought shotguns do, a big blast that can take out a number of criminals. Further, consider the possibility that this may be an effective less-lethal weapon. A person drilled to a short depth with multiple metal fragments burning at high temperature is going to be having a really bad day, and I assume thoughts of Robbery, Rape and Murder would be furthest away at this point, however, said person may walk away from the altercation, albeit somewhat scarred and traumatized. This provides a better moral stance than blowing the liver and spine out the back with 00 buckshot.

Ah, a 6 year old thread. Anyway, the fact that someone actually had to ask the question in the first place is exactly why I try to get off the beaten path away from strangers when I get some range time in. As for your post Merin, I will not get into it but I guess you can chalk me up as one of the macho people with little to contribute other than rhetoric and ridicule.
And welcome to the forum, looking forward to more of your insightful contributions.

Let me ask you this, look at the arms, equipment and ammo of those that go into harms way be it LEO or military, what did they carry? Do they rely on buckshot and/or slugs or do you see them carrying dragons breath, bolo rounds and other crazy ammo from the back pages of Soldier of Fortune magazine? Might be an answer there someplace don't ya think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back